Everyone is gone, both PVE and PVP. The official servers are down to 1-3 people at prime time.
In your quest for balance, in your quest for challenge, you’ve forgotten about fun. People don’t play games simply because they’re balanced. They don’t play games because that one crazy guy with 8,000 hours thinks the game got too easy.
They play games… for fun.
Stop nerfing the game! Seriously! Just off the top of my head these examples come to mind: (I’m sure there are others I can’t think of at the moment)
- Dodging - speed & distance nerfed (making heavy armor the ONLY armor)
- Food healing nerfed. Replaced with ‘Sated’
- Passive healing nerfed. ‘Soothing’ buff removed
- Purge Thralls no longer mean anything, destroying people’s efforts. (the workstation ones)
- Fish traps nerf
- Nerfing some attributes, while failing to fix others.
- Constant weapon nerfs (Yog’s Touch / Lifeblood spear / Maelstrom Light / Healing Waterskin / ect ect ect…)
- Revamping of the crafting system, making people redo everything and creating more clutter.
- Flawless prefix removed from equipment, without a replacement identifier (can’t tell bonuses without equipping it)
- Classic Thralls that don’t level, replaced with New Thralls that level. New Thralls more powerful, at first. New Thralls get nerfed back to Classic Thralls HPs. Now we have Classic Thralls that we have to level. (That’s just mean, Funcom)
- Nemedian helmet and Godbreaker Boots will no longer repair (upcoming nerf)
All of these things have done more to drive people away than bring people in.
Even worse, people are looking at the future of Conan Exiles with less and less excitement, because people expect things to be nerfed or broken shortly after being implemented. It’s not the kind of reputation you want.
The nerf stick isn’t working. Stop busting that thing out.
(Unless you make money selling private servers. In which case, kudos on your brilliance business strategy)