Thrall nerf is way too much

I made this account to post here for the first time in around 2 years of playing the game because of this change. I’m going to try not to come off as angry as I am in this post about this though if this change goes live I will be uninstalling this game for good.

This thrall nerf is atrocious. These are things we spend hours and hours grinding to find and then even more time to gear and then even more to level. Not to mention the characters have been made so entirely weak that we are forced to rely on them to do content that takes entirely too long. The HP pools on all world bosses is FAR too high and now instead of 3-4 minutes I’m supposed to sit there whacking on this thing for 8-10 and pray that this thrall that I’ve invested hours of my life into does not die because you cut their hp by over half??? And on top of it all I don’t even know how many hps she has left because you fkd that up too… No. I’m not doing it.

I can understand a slight nerf. A nerf to the damage they do to players or hell remove them entirely from pvp servers. These are the people crying about them anyway. This change is horrible and will kill the game for me and many others.

13 Likes

you’re literally crying about this without even testing it though. I actually did test it and you’re just wrong with literally every point you made

4 Likes

You can test something and still see it’s a bad idea. And nerfing thralls is still a bad idea.

If Select PvErs are saying thralls are too OP vs bosses(It’s subjective) then don’t bring a thrall to your boss fight.
If PvPers are saying thralls are too strong in PvP, then adjust thrall damage against players only.

But i agree, Either way, I don’t think Funcom should touch thralls at all, Leave thralls alone! fix the PvP not the thralls! It’s going to break or screw with player progression in too many ways and that is going to result in bad player progression. DO NOT TOUCH THE THRALLS!

10 Likes

Sorry but i tested the testlive version with Dalinisia against the warmaker dungeon. And just to handicap myself i went in with her at level 0 .

The run took me 35 min doing just the bosses and we walked away without a scratch aka didnt die.

So i disagree with your post.

6 Likes

Have you actually tried it? Or are you just mad because your one and only daily source of YouTube told you to be? How can you so vehemently bash something so furiously without even actually fully understanding it, or trying it yourself?

2 Likes

It’s human nature. People are naturally against Things being reduced or taken away. Hopefully the developers know this and will do what’s best for the long term health of the game. The PvE in this game is currently way too easy and will lead to people leaving out of boredom.

4 Likes

I dont feel some nerfs on the thralls. I think you are wrong. I need only max. 3 mins for a boss in the warmaker dungeon….

You crying too…

I don’t believe you or really care about anything else you have to say. You’ve been on every post about this change talking down to anyone that doesn’t want this change or has a different option to you.

1 Like

You’re literally doing the same thing, but in opposition. I just had to flag one of your posts on another thread for personal attacks. We all need to dial it back and chill, on both sides of this issue.

2 Likes

This is how you picture boss fights? Your thrall fighting, and you “sit there whacking on this and pray”? Have you thought about partaking in boss fight alongside with your thrall? Or you think that watching a boss fight — is how boss fights should be?

Do you even realize that when you ask for not nerfing thralls too much, you basically ask not to make boring boss fights even more boring? Why don’t you ask for fun boss fights instead?

Bosses are not the only enemies you fight in this game. Thralls trivialised all the fights and all the content. Leveling? Easy. Farming? Easy. Dungeons? Easy. Settlements? Easy. Nerfing thralls will help improve the overall gameplay. Nerfing thrall will make boss fights even more boring? Yeah, but this is because bosses are broken. They were broken before, they are broken now, they will be broken after this patch. But the rest of the game will become much better.

So, instead of asking for not nerfing thralls, ask to improve bosses. Meanwhile, if you don’t want to whack while your thrall fights with a boss, try to keep you hands busy with something else. Take a weapon and fight a boss with your thrall.

2 Likes

You’re making assumptions without knowing any of what you’re talking about. The problem is our charters are entirely too weak. They aren’t heros. They aren’t even capable of withstanding more that a hit two from bosses without falling over. Nerfing the thralls won’t make anything hard. It will do nothing but make everything take LONGER and I don’t want that. I spend long enough rolling around to get a few hits on a boss that do little more than annoy it. The thrall is an extension of our own damage and taking that away will be a mistake.

3 Likes

As I said, bosses are broken. Bosses require a separate fix. A complete rework. But bosses are just a part of the game. Small part compared to the amount of enemies you and your thrall face in the open world. Those fights are easy. Nerfing thrall will make those fights a bit harder, a bit more interesting.

This extension is way too big. So big, that my 6 lvl thrall solo clears New Asagarth. This is not an extension. This is a mess.

2 Likes

I agree bosses need a complete rework. But how long are we to wait for this after they nerf or only way of doing them? For how long are we supposed to play gimped and level up these thralls only to watch them die because arena champion hits 4x harder than any boss in the game should? Difficulty does not equal interesting. Just because killing a random mob in a random settlement becomes harder doesn’t mean it will be anymore interesting than when it died twice as fast.

I think you’re not understanding my argument or I’m saying it wrong so I’ll say it again. Players are too weak. We get too few hps too few ability points too little damage. These thralls atm are making up for that. This patch is taking that away and giving NOTHING back. No buff at all.

1 Like

And I would be great with that. It’s a very very simple solution. A thrall power slider. For your pvp server they can be what ever you want them to be and mine can be left the hell alone. Everyone wins everyone stays happy and the game makes money.

2 Likes

Honestly, I don’t care. I’d rather stop doing bosses whatsoever or I find a boss that is easiest to cheese to farm keys from him. I have a boss spawn point next to my base. All I have to do is to pull him closer to my base and get back to my stuff, while thralls kill him. Then I return, loot the key, open the chest, rinse, repeat.

I honestly, won’t miss these boss fights whatsoever. And I know that this nerf didn’t make bosses unbeatable for solo player on test servers, so I’m fine. What bothers me the most is that I feel like cheating when I play the rest of the game. And I hope that the new patch will fix this for me.

I do care. This is the part of the game of I play. When they wreck it they wreck the whole game for me. We just don’t agree.

1 Like

I disagree. Player + Thrall is waaaaay too strong now. Overpowerfuly strong. Broken strong. No player with thrall or without should be able to solo steamroll over entire New Asagarth like piece of cake. This needs to be toned down. To make player + thrall less OP.

1 Like

You are OK with broken bosses and broken rest of the PvE, but you are not okay with broken bosses and fixed rest of the PvE?

Then leave the thrall home , why do you need it anyway?

2 Likes

So the issue for you is the arena champion is too strong, not the thrall is too weak. Having tested it myself, Lian melted the arena champion. I had to shield him for a small bit. Meanwhile he did not move from full hp against the warmaker boss.