Thrall nerf to far?

So I’m new to the forums but thought I’d just post my thoughts with the test live thralls.
I get the nerf, especially when it comes to beastmaster Teimos. What I don’t get is why they are nerfed into the dirt. I leveled up a couple thralls In testlive and the Teimos I leveled came out with just over 2000 hit points. Potential 14k down to 2k is a bit much in my opinion. Thralls ai are already bad enough so why go this far? Even 5k is low and can be killed in 1 minute in pvp. I worry that solos and small clans that could use thralls as defense against bigger clans now are screwed.
In the stream they said thralls still have a lot of health but not as much as they used to which is fine but 2k??? That’s a full combo with daggers and that thrall is dead.
So why would anyone take hours to level a thrall and have it die even faster now?
Nerf has gone to far

1 Like

From what I understand this is to balance the new attibute system and the players becoming massively buffed.
There’s an ongoing thread about this already and as you can see Teimos can still have almost 8k HP with the proper perks and player attribute combo.
Also apparently the player will now be way stronger than the thralls so reliance on them will be somewhat potentially diminished? I kinda like that, I was never a fan of having the thralls doing all the heavy lifting

3 Likes

Well, they became pretty much like food now, meaning they are nearly useless. One or two subfactions might be viable as followers. Guards will be trash. Balancing thralls a little, would have been a good move. Buldozing them like they did made Conan just another game, for me at least. It has too many problems going on for it being “just another game” and keep me interested.
Gladly there’s single player mode where this nonsense can be tweaked.
For now I will play something else. When 3.0 becomes available for consoles, I will test it.
I don’t trade good thralls for “sorcery”. There’s plenty of games out there that have it implanted in a much more evolved way than Conan ever will. Thralls, for me, were the strongest point of this game, what made it unique. They buldozed them. Game lost its interest, for me. It’s a matter of taste, I gess. When it comes to my personal preferences, they traded the best this game had for some kind of underwhelming “sorcery” mechanics. If sorcery was what I wanted, there’s much better than Conan in the market. So, big shot in the foot.

11 Likes

no thralls are actually fine. Spent almost all day on the test live. Thralls are fine.

6 Likes

Why do you say this?

Relic Hunter treasure seekers are getting 6k hp and 8k+ with 20 authority.

Without authority their damage is perfectly fine and with authority their dmg is insane. PvP doesn’t need thralls with 10k+ HP and neither does PvE.

10 Likes

Yeah, Teimos hitting with a less than 0.8 dmg multiplier is fine. :smile:
The should have called this update the Age of Bearers* (*without the carrying slots) because that’s what thralls became.
They might be fine, for you.
For ME, they blew it.

3 Likes

Followers, @Katniss .
Authority doesn’t affect GUARDS.
You have ONE, follower, two at best, depending on how much you are willing to sacrifice. Then you have 99 guards, sucking.
RHTS have a dmg multiplier less than 1.2. They are sh.t now. What matters most is this multiplier when it comes to fighters. Vitality comes second.

So the thrall that takes the longest to level up will get 6k-8k if you are lucky and as long as you sacrifice attribute points. Any decent player can destroy that thrall on a few minutes and then it’ll take you hours to level another one. Pvp is fun because of all the the different dynamics. If someone wants to run around and have spear fights with no thralls then just stay on a private sever.

Teimos isn’t the go to thrall anymore and that’s a good thing. Having 40+ 12-20k hp thralls in your base wasn’t a good game design.

The multiplier is low but trust me lol the thralls still pump dmg. I tested them on all the bosses on Exile Lands. I could really tell no difference. With authority and without.

Sure base defending thralls are going to have 6k~ hp at most BUT there is a potion that you can use to reroll your thralls perks to get better perks.

And even if you have 100 6k hp thralls defending your base that’s still insane.

6 Likes

Go to… might as welll take him out at this point. Why not make all the thralls on pair with each other because that’s how you fight any sort of meta

Whatever @Katniss .
Thralls got a “food nerf”.
RHTS with a 1.2 dmg multiplier. They aren’t even worth capturing, let alone leveling.
If you read my posts, you know I don’t need thralls for sh.t.
I like, them. It’s a very different thing.
This is update is like trying to sell me a beautiful Ferrari with a busted engine. Sorry, no.
I like strong thralls for the sake of it.
It would have been better spending their time making the kind of training we give thralls reflecting on their tools and perks. Not a ■■■■■■■ rng based potion. Lazzy, as usual.
BUT if this is fine for you, great. For me it was the worse they could have done. I don’t give a crap about sorcery if this means buldozing thralls.

3 Likes

You say that now but you were completely happy with every thrall being useless except teimos before…

As it currently stands on test live. Treasure Seeker, Berserker, Dalinsia and Volcano fighters are all relatively on par with each other. So you pretty much have what you wanted except teimos is in the bin which it should’ve been ages ago because a thrall being able to get 20k hp while the rest barely get 8k-10k is a joke.

People should be happy. Treasure seekers are far easier to tame in bulk and are now the best.

You also say PvP is fun because of all the “different dynamics” but thralls aren’t pvp. They’re not players. 16k hp npcs don’t belong in “PvP”

4 Likes

this is a testament to how strong thralls really are - my experience was similar. we nerfed them pretty hard, and you can hardly tell. will more thralls die? yeah, definitely. loss is mean to be a part of this game. we’ll offer a way for you to combat thrall loss in Chapter 2 - most likely.

have you hopped on TestLive Client to try an Authority build yet? i’ve done a few natural play-through’s using Authority and it feels solid to me still.

14 Likes

Yeah… I couldn’t care less about Teimos.
It’s what they did to all the others. There’s a reason nobody gives a f about Exiles. Now, they are all we have, dmg wise. A t4 Exile could easily get 5k vit with some luck. So basically, we end up with “Exiles” that take hours leveling guarding our base.
For the record, I don’t have 100 thralls ( and still didn’treach the clan’s limit). I have more, each one hand picked, lvled, and equiped with the best there is in the game. That’s how I play. I won’t do it to end up with lousy “Exiles” that don’t worth a cat’s … you know.

So they can defeat bosss. Can they help you while you are fighting outnumbered? No they will be focused down very fast. Can they help while defending? The AI was rough enough before so now you cut their health in half they stand no chance.
Might as well turn dbd on for at least some official severs because the offline raiding keeps becoming the easier option.
I honestly don’t understand the direction you guys are going for. Why are you continuing to make changes that help the raiders? The bay + slow fall will hurt the hurt the game. People being able to use other clans portals will hurt the game. It’s just not needed. Just come out and say you are getting rid of pvp or actually do something that will benefit it.

This is encouraging. During one of their posts or livestreams I remember them mentioning that you can either be the Hero of the story, a lone warrior - OR - a Leader and general so to speak via the Authority perk.

If that’s the case, no one really needed the other stats anyways since the thrall would do most of the fighting. I imagine with the full perk tree and good armor and weapons (although I hear Crom sword can no longer be used by them??), Thralls should still be viable in most situations.

Cheers,

Ω Hakeem of The Sapphire Shores :herb:

1 Like

I can’t @den . I’m on PS5. I can only compare the numbers people give me with my experience with thralls with similar stats. Followers don’t worry me. The authority attribute seems to have it covered. It’s guards that will become worthless, IMO.
I will test it when it becomes live, of course.
This was the worse you guys could have done to me, someone who sees thralls as the strongest point of your game. It’s mostly what sets it appart from ALL others. No game comes close to Conan in this aspect. Sorcery? Lore?There’s plenty out there with good systems and background stories. For me, thralls make Conan unique.

All the other changes seem great.
You guys buldozing thralls was my greatest fear.
I will test it, though. If I’m wrong, I’ll write about it. I’ve been wrong before and I ate my words publicly. I hope I will do it again.

4 Likes

Hey den!

I also did some testing of thrall and pet damage to players. It seems very high might be worth having a look at it.

A greater sabretooth was hitting between 400-500 damage with his opener pounce attack. That seems to be quite a bit higher than current live servers.

3 Likes

Wow, are you sure @Katniss ? That’s an insane dmg… you won’t survive two hits…