Game Crashes Entire Computer

Game mode: [Enter game mode here: Online official, Single-player). Don’t know about private servers since I don’t play on them.
Type of issue: [Enter one of the following: Computer crash
Server type: [Enter one of the following: All official
Region: America

I load the game. A few minutes later my auxiliary power supply (APS) starts beeping as if I have lost power to my house. If I do not log out the entire computer shuts down; if I do log out, the beeping stops and everything is normal.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

Hard to be more exact than what I have already said. APS beeping does not start until a couple minutes after the game loads.

1 Like

Sounds like a PSU issue, heating issue, or both.

1 Like

What is a PSU? Anyhow, when I use the computer for anything else besides the game I don’t have any heating issues. However, I did notice that I had an unusually high amount of heat the first time my computer crashed.

1 Like

Your Power Supply Unit. If you look on the back of your desktop/tower, where the power cord plugs in, there is a distinct separate unit that can be replaced. If your PSU begins to fail it can consume more watts (actually VA) than your UPS (uninterruptible power supply) can put out. Almost every PSU has a recommended replacement after a certain number of hours. For me, it’s about 3 years of solid use on a premium power supply.

When power supplies fail this way, more watts means more heat. Don’t be inclined to open up your case for ventilation; most manufacturers recommend against this as their cases are made to duct heat with the proper sets of fans working. So like Multigun says, it could be power and heat.

Conan Exiles is pretty demanding. We have plenty of cases of PlayStation Pros bogging down, so it’s not unusual for a gaming PC to exhibit stress while playing it on high settings. Heat is crucial to monitor though: I strongly suggest downloading a tool from your PC manufacturer or your motherboard maker that can log events and warn you of critical heat issues.

1 Like

Check your hardware, this looks like you pc has some problems.

Check power, and make sure your machine isn’t overheating.

Also providing some specs would be helpfull.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.