Platform: Steam
Issue Type: Crash
Game Mode: Single Player
Server Type: PvP
Map: Exiled Lands
Server Name: NONE
Mods: NONE

Bug Description:

Input settings crashes game, FRESH game install - just downloaded game.

Bug Reproduction:

Ingame (single player) press esc then go to input settings - game crashes

I can confirm this issue. Clicking on Keybinds causes Fatal Error. Input.ini is blank.

1 Like

@Wielder / @Atali are you absolutely sure you aren’t using mods?
(Mods will likely reinstall if you were subscribed to them just like any DLC or other game content, even if you freshly install the game)
To be certain, right-click the game in Steam, select Manage → Browse local files and in the SonanSandbox\Mods folder see if there is anything at all in your modlist.txt (delete it for good measure)

I am asking because just a few days ago we had the thread with somebody having the same issue, @Wielder posted even there.
In any case, even if the cause is not the mod, the reason for the crash seems very similar, in which case there will be a note about it in your log, open it up in notepad and search for the text “Could not find a key mapping to match” in your ConanSandbox\Saved\Logs\ConanSandbox.log file right after the crash (you can just post the log file here so we can all look, including Funcom staff :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, absolutely - i have never installed single mod in conan exile.

I even reinstalled whole game, cleaned all settings before.

Its hard to reproduce that as its really random, sometimes it happens sometimes not - fortunatellt i have not longer need to set input so i won’t crash anymore.

Is there way to share log without showing servers i played on and other things that i rather not share?
Im not sure when that crash was and if log is right one.

I can confirm this issue happens on my side after a FRESH INSTALL with no mods as well.

1 Like

Greetings Exile,

Thank you for your report. Can you please share your log file with us?

You can find it by following:

Steam\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Saved\Logs

Please upload the files to Google drive and share the link with us if you experience difficulties uploading directly to the forum.

Feel free to reach out in private via direct message if you prefer.

Thank you in advance.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.