Game doesn't save settings

Game doesn’t save settings

Step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced.

1. Change for example fullscreen mode to windowed (or any server settings).
  2. Exit from settings.
  3. Enter settings again and see that changes doesn’t saved and revert to default.

UPD: When I close in-game menu with Esc key, then i need to push it twice to open menu again.

1 Like

Yes, i know, unfortunately this one of the bug that made it over from testlive.

Can confirm, most settings are reverting back to default, or at least the last settings before this patch.

2 Likes

Definitely hope this is quick patched soon…

Game mode: All Game Modes
Type of issue: Misc
Server type: All Servers
Region: All Regions

I just downloaded the game and none of the settings will save. It keeps getting stuck on a small screen resolution and when I go into the settings I can update them but when I hit the “back” button none of the updates save. When I go back into the settings everything is reset back to the way it was. I don’t see any “save” button just the “back” and ‘x’ box near the top of the page.

Hey everybody,

We’re aware of this issue and our team is working on a fix to be released as soon as possible.
Thanks for your feedback.

5 Likes

Game mode: private | Single-player)]
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: [Enter one of the following: PvE]
Region: na

[Describe the bug here]
Changed server settings in Admin not sticking; make change, gointo game, old settings still there.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Select Server Settings
  2. Push ‘make me admin’ button
  3. change some server settings
  4. leave to game - check server settings, changes not there; game resets to original.
2 Likes

Hello, @Padapaw,

This is an issue that was in test-live that made its way into live.
(Others have also noticed and posted about it today)

I’m sure they are aware of it - and hopefully there will be a quick-patch soon.
edit: Yes - they are aware of it, and hope for a quick patch! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just posted on PS4 not realising it wasn’t the PC forum. I’m having the same issue. According to PS4 thread they are aware of the problem. In the interim a poster said after changing the setting go to the gameplay tab and change something (then change it back) and it should save

Yes, this bug now was reported several times, and Ignasis answered that the team is working on it.

Yes, unfortunately this bug made it over from testlive, but they know about and are working on it.
In the meantime, you may try change these settings in the ini, this should work.
Not a fix, but a workaround. :wink:

Thank you for the info Dhaylen… (and Vattende) really appreciate knowing they are working on it.:smiley:

2 Likes

I’m having a problem with the settings not actually taking effect, when I move the sliders they save but it doesn’t actually change anything, for example, I tried to change the crafting speed, I moved the slider all the way to the right and it stayed where I moved it but the speed never changed.

Game mode: [Enter game mode here: (Online official | Online private | Single-player)]
Type of issue: [Enter one of the following: Crash | Bug | Performance | Misc]
Server type: [Enter one of the following: PvP | PvE-Conflict | PvE]
Region: [Please enter your server region]

[Describe the bug here] Server settings does not work, cant change settings, after changeing setting it goes back to the old setting and cant bee change. Problem is on singel.player server Pc

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

Game mode: [Enter game mode here: (Online official | Online private | Single-player)]
Type of issue: [Enter one of the following: Crash | Bug | Performance | Misc]
Server type: [Enter one of the following: PvP | PvE-Conflict | PvE]
Region: [Please enter your server region]

I have a server I am Paying for that I can not use cos the settings will not save when will you fix this please???

Its been mention in few other thread, as its effecting consoles too in simalir manners.

Yep this is a known issue. For now, youcan still change your server parameters through either your server management panel if your host gives you one, or by accessing the configuration file directly with the FTP.

The server will have to be stopped before changing settings and then rebooted :slight_smile:

Server Panel isnt very good doesnt have them all listed and im not messing with FTP

yeah we’re having this problem on single player too. makes the game unplayable if you are used to modded or different stats etc.

change them in the ServerSettings.ini file directly until a fix is deployed.

1 Like

No clue how to do that with the servers i use im using Survival Servers