Game dosen't start

you get error codes? i dont get anything

We’ll reach out to you privately to request some additional data regarding this specific issue.

For me it is working, if you need some data to compare with others.

1 Like

Been seeing a common 11th gen intel issue forming? SAme issue here with 11th gen intel as well? Seeing any trends like that?

1 Like

IM NOT USING MODS AND I HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO LOG ON FOR DAY NOW I BOUGHT THE NEW EXPANSION IF THIS IS THE WAY IT GONNA E I WANT MY DAMN MONEY BACK!!! I VERIFED THE DAMN FILES ALL DAY YESTERDAY AND STILL DOING THIS CHIT THIS IS BS U PEOPLE NEED TO GET CHIT RIGHT NOT HALF ASS THINGS!!! :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I had the same issue since the update yesterday. Like others I also have an intel 11th gen CPU. (11400 with a 3060 TI). Here is how I could solve the problem for myself:

1. Open File Explorer.
  2. Right Click on “This PC”
  3. Choose Properties
  4. Select Advanced System Settings
  5. Select Environment Variables
  6. Select New under System Variables
  7. Enter the following:
    Variable name: OPENSSL_ia32cap
    Variable value: ~0x200000200000000
  8. Hit Okay

Not sure if a reboot is necessary, but I did one to be sure.

After that CE started allright for me. Obviously cannot promise that this will work for everyone, but it did work for me.

Edit: (Disclaimer)
Obviously didnt come up with this all on my own. The number of people stating they had current intel CPUs got me thinking that maybe this occurs with other UE4 titles as well and lo and behold it actually seems to be the case as I found a few entries of other UE4 with some problems with 10th gen intel and higher. So I tested those solutions and this one worked for me.

13 Likes

Thanks dude! Noticed the trend with 11th gen intel as well, glad someone found a viable solution!! Worked for me!!!

1 Like

Ok, so i got issue, maybe its related about intel 11th gen processor i got 11900k and rtx2080ti on board.
Couldnt start game yesterday and cant start after today patch as well.
Problem with claiming twitch drops its that you can only link account from game menu with one loads of us cant start. Its honestly unfair that we cant claim drops and even cant play game…

Start from launcher and from binarier not working, even with and without battleeye.

Thanks man, this fixed the issue for me as well! Tried everything above, also on 11thgen 11700! Happy Gaming :grinning:

It works thanks so much

Thanks SekenaK, you’re the best!!!

Thank you, it works for me ! :slight_smile:

Thank you! :heart:

Hello everyone and thank you so much for being patient with us.

This issue should now be fixed :blush:
If you are still experiencing issues, please feel free to get back to us and let us know.

i dont know if the work arround or the funcom guys fixing it but now it works so thank you everyone

The issue is still not fixed, I don’t think i have ever met a company with a decent game and yet at every turn manage to ruin it. My game worked perfectly fine at the begining of the week and have verified my game multiple times. What ever was done with the last update did nothing but ruin the game further can’t even get the game to start from the launcher

Edit: Launched the game frome the .exe and it says that online servers are unavaliable at this point it is sad i was playing the game for multiple weeks with no issues until the recent update. Test and fix your game no reason I am paying money for a private server when I can’t even play on it

It looks like this error happened a few years ago with the Epic Launcher as well (because of something with UE4) and for some intel processors. The workaround was exactly what you pointed out, the env var OPENSSL_ia32cap.

Thanks SelinaK, tested it and it’s working now o>

OMG. I LOVE YOU BABYDOLL!!! AHHH! IT WORKED!

You’re a ■■■■■■■ wizard!!!

So my system works just fine and updated properly. My wife’s system on the other hand is re-installing currently. I had Steam try to verify the files and it keeps getting a corrupt download. Each time, there are files that failed the verification. I’ve tried with and without antivirus. I was hoping to have some downtime with my wife slaying monsters and collecting thralls, but here I am trying to troubleshoot why her system is broken and mine isn’t. I’m sorry to say it but trying to troubleshoot your game and flawed update process shouldn’t be MY job. Every single update brings issues for her system but not mine. The only difference is I’ve got an Intel processor and she’s got an AMD processor. I don’t have the money to just go out and buy a new motherboard and processor to support your codebase.

I’ve been having the issue all evening; verified, patched, rekajiggered mods, relaunched steam, rebooted pc, checked AV, nothing’s been successful. “Launches,” then runs as if it’s going to start the trailer, but it just closes, no fatal error or any other sort of message. Launching from the exe gets an error message that’s been reported above.

I’d like to attempt the ‘fix’ listed above as I do have an intel 11th gen, but I don’t feel comfortable tweaking files in my advanced system settings and was hoping for some -actual- fix that didn’t require me messing with variables on my own pc.