Game Freezing and requiring task manager termination (Steam PC)

Game mode: Single-player
Type of issue: Crash
Server type:| PvE
Region: US
Mods?: No
Edition:Steam

Bug Description:

I have been experiencing game freezing periodically (but consistently) often when running long distances, and almost every time I try to drag someone back to my base with the rope (approximately 70% of the time this causes a freeze after running or riding for a bit). While the game freezes, it does not impact other system processes, and the audio continues to play until I force quit using the task manager.

I have attempted every level of graphical settings, and also attempted the suggested modification of the engine file with the additional lines to no avail. This is during solo play.

This can occur once an hour (if I dont attempt to capture anyone) or as often as every 10 minutes or so.

Any help would be greatly appreciated… I really enjoy the game but this is making it unfeasible to play. I have attached my system specs. Thank you.

Expected Behavior:

Not freezing / having to restart multiple times per hour, being able to effectively capture with rope.

Steps to Reproduce:

This is difficult to reproduce as it occurs everywhere, and while doing just about anything. The most effective way to guarantee it occurs is to start dragging an NPC with the rope and ride or walk for a bit. It usually occurs before I reach my base / destination. My specs are below:

System Information

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 19042) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
BIOS: 1404 (type: UEFI)
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor (16 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
Card name: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.