Game Over Again!

Yeah, that’s pretty much an umbrella reason that covers a lot of different possible reasons. I haven’t been banned (yet), but I would recommend getting back to them and requesting more information. Ask them if they can provide details about what kind of claim infraction and where, so you can try to avoid that in the future, if you intend to keep playing.

And if they give you the details and explanation is something you disagree with, at least you’ll have concrete information and be able to argue about it without falling into the same guessing game everyone here loves.

1 Like

I am not sure if someone read my message or its only a standard answer for banned people.

I was online while my new base was wiped. So I asked what was the problem and what I can do to prevent this in future. The ban is for 5 days. So when we came back there should all stuff still exists.
So is nothing wrong with this? and when we don’t build anything else so we have no more future problems? This is what I want to know but let us see what means 5 days… Maybe 5 days but we need two or three more server restarts like on the last event. And then all buildings are decayed.

1 Like

Like I said, I haven’t been yet, so I don’t have my own experience to share here. However, if I ever do get banned, I fully intend to insist until I get bored of it.

My theory is that when they receive a Zendesk ticket to ask for ban information, they just look up the general reason and reply with that. I don’t know if they even keep any details written anywhere, but I also haven’t seen anyone tell the story of how they insisted on getting those details.

In fact, judging from all the stories here, not many people even ask for ban information via Zendesk, and of those who do, a vanishingly small number ever bothers trying to go any further once they get the generic “you were banned for claim abuse” reply.

Now, don’t get me wrong. I’m not blaming players for not doing that. I have been reasonably vocal about my opinion that Funcom isn’t handling this properly and that they should be more transparent and include more details. But I still think it’s worth trying. It shouldn’t be our responsibility to do so, but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t do it.

I’m not sure if you’re referring to your build or to the situation in general. If it’s the latter, there’s a lot wrong with it. Wiping someone’s stuff, and banning them, and not providing enough information on why or how to avoid repeating the incident, is absolutely not okay.

That’s why I’m also urging people to push back and insist on more info. There are only three options right now:

1. accept the status quo and keep playing
  2. get pissed off and stop playing on officials
  3. push back as hard as we can

Thing is, the third option requires more work. “As hard as we can” means, unfortunately, expending unwanted effort to get as much weight behind our arguments as we can.

Again, it’s unwanted effort and shouldn’t be necessary and I sympathize with those who don’t want to do it, but that’s the ugly reality.

1 Like

I mean the builds. One base is on water in the east. This is my water castle i will never finish because it would be to big and I would need a bridge for the purge. This bridge I destroyed after the post from umbrols.

So we used this for the start because all stuff is there and we wanted a all in base at a good place. So we build one at the brimstone lake obelisk.

I had the idea to build a nemedian castle at the mounds of dead and give up the base in East.
I had placed foundations of the footprint I wanted to build. And at first a map room. Yesterday a week later I was continuing my work. Then puff and everything is gone…

The other bases still exists and I think they will be alive after the 5 days. So they are fine with the rules? That is what I need to know. And I will ask for it.

But how it comes that an admin wipes the smallest one while I am there? Is it because he was flying around and see me build there and make his sorcery to my base? And after this the ban?

Or maybe there was a report about a base from us and he came online and just checked the coordinates where i am and do his work. Maybe not this base was reported? And the others are a problem too but they never take a look at it.

I need to think a while about how to ask the right question to get the answer that will help me to understand.

Like you said we don’t know if the one who answers know any detail or if anybody knows any detail after the work is done…
And like I said… Do the admin know for what he is there?

I will try to get some more information.

I think it would be nice if the standard answers for the ban request would be with more details. The one who wipes a base could write some sentences which parts are not OK or making a screenshot or whatever.
It’s a little bit like when the police gives you a ticket for driving to fast but never telling you how fast you was how fast was allowed and the signs at the road don’t tell you how fast you can drive only say don’t drive to fast.

And the post from ubrols was very helpful but not enough. Its like a video of a car that driving to fast but still no speed limit

1 Like

I had the experience of being banned a couple of months after the new system went active. Mine was a ban without a wipe. I have not figured out why they mix and match the ban and wipe system because I know of people that got a wipe without a ban and people that have gotten both at the same time.

I found Zendesk to be very helpful as they had a conversation with me and were able to tell me which server (I play on 3) the problem was on and exactly what the problem was. They also allowed me to go back into the game and fix the problem which meant it was a 3 day ban and I kept everything. Upon login I took down the pieces that I saw as “purge lighting” and they saw as “claim spam”…I had circled my base with foundations, removed some so that I had 4-5 block spacing in between them and I had placed braziers on them so that I could see what I was fighting at night during a purge. So sometimes what makes sense to us as players does not make sense to FC.

The only person I was upset with was the person that reported me since all they had to do was talk to me about what they saw as a problem and it could have been fixed but I think my report was done for spiteful reasons which I will not go into here.

5 Likes

Thank you @NavyLily01.
This testimony of yours gives a reality of how things can be done if the player is cooperative and civil. Some players play long time in servers so they may have builded a bit more.
Or players like you, build to accept purge and allow the mechanics of the game to interfere on your build.
I am sick and tired to listen to chats that hey I pay for it and I will do what I want, or my build is smaller than the neighbors.
Players play this game without respect either to the game, either to the others. The worst is that they think that they own the official server. The cherry on the cake? I was playing lol and everyone was naming Riot, now in Conan they name Funcom, you know the F word. This I will never understand, never. You spend thousands hours in a game and the best that comes in your mind is F you company?
I don’t know, maybe I was a bad student in my life and F you is not a bad word after all, what can I say?

3 Likes

Nice to know that there is a so good response from zendesk.
My ban should be over today. So I don’t have Eni thing that decayed only the footprint of the new planed base was deleted by admin.

I hope I get some more details on my latest questions over zendesk.

My friends and I don’t want to be the bad guys. But we need to know what was the problem. Like I said I think I am on ok with this what uborls pictured in his thread about land claim.

I also saw that some more clans where banned and I can not understand why. There was two new clans they played the last weeks every day.

Now they are banned too and I hope they will come back. I hope they don’t lose all their work.
Also I hope they know what happened. Because the message didn’t say anything about you are banned or something in German. It looks like a normal error. So maybe they think something don’t work… Come back a week later and they never know they did something wrong and that they where banned.

I will try to get more information and if its OK for funcom I will share it here.

But I think they need another solution… Something like a message of the day for clans or playerids

1 Like

If we was the only clan I would think maybe they need the place at the mounds where I build for 3.0

I hope that everybody came back. That was realy a good time the last weeks. Nearly 24/7 there where around 15 players online at same time.

I ordered today a gaming pc… I saw I can get Conan for 5 euro for steam… So I will give it a try.

But the reason for the pc is that I need some more GPU ram for videoediting and I have played around with UE5.
As a fullstack developer who worked with c++ for a very long time the entry was realy easy.
I am surprised how cool the engine is…
That makes me understand how some things could work in Conan and why they are how they are. Specially i understand the problem with the privacy rules of playstation.

I don’t have any plans to produce a game and I realy don’t know what’s the best way… But the first thing i have coded in c++ was a websocket connection and a connector to a postgresql database…
I need to learn more about all and understand why a game like Conan use a sqlite database…

I had plans to play Conan over the long weekend here in Germany and that is what happened after they banned me… :rofl:

2 Likes

Why shouldn’t it? You don’t need a multi-user RDBMS for a game – there’s going to be only one user and only one process accessing it at a time. SQLite is simple, efficient, and performant. It’s made for use cases like this one. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Maybe you are right. I don’t know how big these database realy are, and how the structure of the db looks like. But I am sure there is one big table where all building peaces that are placed in the world are stored and then maybe also the placables.
When I was playing with sqlite I came to a limit where the database was not performant when it grows big… But I think that was more then 10 years ago. Time has changed so maybe it’s no problem any more .
I would like to know what is making the lag when I walking around a bench and it’s loading the inventory preview… I don’t think that it’s a problem of rendering the items. Or the situation when Ioad in to my base at gamestart and have to wait for doors. Even if I was in a small 3x3 base sometimes i had to wait 10 minutes.

A separate SQL server maybe would be better for networking but also wouldn’t work in offline singleplayer anymore.

Not getting me wrong I don’t want to tell what is the better solution but that’s my first idea on why I am waiting so long for loading stuff :sweat_smile:

Back to topic…
So I am still waiting for a response on my last questions.
We are able to login after the ban ends like they tell us over zendesk… And now I have two big bases and don’t know if its OK. It should be? One base deleted… Banned and we should be fine now… But I don’t trust this situation… and what does it mean… Don’t build anymore? So making a second floor is not allowed anymore? Or just do not expand anymore?

But the banhammer has cleaned the server.
There are only two or three players online. The last months I never saw an empty server like these days. Seems that most of them don’t came back after the ban.

Well, the effect from the banhammer is twofold.

1. Banned players don’t want to invest time in a game when they can just get wiped again. “Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.” They get ban-wiped, they leave.

2. Non-banned players see what’s happening with the bans, and then they leave. The banhammer hasn’t effected them, YET. But ban-reporting is the new meta. And they don’t want to invest time in a game where you can get ban-wiped out of the blue.

And of course this leads to a famous term in any online game know as the Death Spiral. As a server has less people in it, less people desire to play there.
Heck, right now many of the official servers will find you playing by yourself. Might as well be single player.

I imagine you are talking about PVP only. Or maybe console only? I play on PC, so I’m never sure what the situation is like on consoles.

The PVE-C official I came back to is more populated than ever, at all times. And it’s not even chock-full of endless player-built crap the way almost all PVE(-C) servers used to be.

Before someone gets butthurt because I said “crap”, I realize that we all have different tastes and that one player’s crap is another player’s treasure, but I’m not talking about aesthetics. I’m talking about endless swaths of land taken up, resources and spawns being suppressed left and right, and – in some cases – the server performance being consistently miserable.

That seems to be the thing of the past.

The cherry on top? There was some unpleasantness yesterday, and one guy started placing pillars on the edge of another clan’s claim to stop the from expanding, but people brought up the TOS really quickly. I don’t know if the guy ended up picking up his pillars or not, but I know that people are aware that they can’t be griefed like that anymore, and that’s good.

I still think that Funcom needs to be clearer about both the rules and their enforcement. I still think it sucks to see people who genuinely didn’t mean to cause problems suffer for something they did without even being sure what it is.

But I’m happy to see that there are some nice, positive changes coming out of this, too.

4 Likes

after 14 days I got an answer and the ticket is marked as solved…

Greetings Exile,

We currently experience a high number of contacts from our community, and regret not having been able to do an in depth investigation on your report.

If you are still unable to access any of our official servers, please feel free to get back to us and let us know.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

This do not help us and also not funcom. Are our buildings that survive the ban ok?
I have the feeling that we can get banned again in few weeks. Even if we do not expand or build anything new. Someone report us funcom ban us and don’t tell us what’s wrong…
But if this happen then it’s time to remove this game forever.
Just like all the clans that where banned the last weeks. Nobody came back. Nobody of them was evil or was making something against the rules in my opinion. The one clan had many map rooms all over the map. Everywhere the same 8x8 foundation a torch and the map room. Sometimes there was a 2x2 box closed to this but never making a problem or claim some special spots.

I think they get banned for the map rooms. Their base wasn’t big.

It would be better if funcom use their message system to give players some Infos.

Also who knows the rules? There is no information about this in the whole game. If I start it now the only message I get is that transfers being disabled. Few weeks ago for a short time there where informations about the new rules. But I can not click the link at playstation. So I need to search it by myself. Its OK for me but what’s with the people that start playing now? They will get banned in few weeks and don’t know why.

1 Like

Ah, the good old “this ticket got automatically closed because it’s too old”. They really should get rid of that.

2 Likes

I just reinstalled Conan few days ago after 6 weeks off, on Xbox. Got back to the official EU pve-c server I was on and loads of new huge sprawling bases, huge amounts of land taken up in various biomes plus lots of foundation blocks everywhere which presumably will be built up. It surprises me how so many of you have been wiped and banned as many on my server clearly getting away with it. I guess people do not report others :man_shrugging:

So with the news from yesterday… I am not happy about the battle Pass and the Strategie of the Marketing guy but it could be worse.

If the prices are not to high and comparable to the dlc prices then I will get everything like i did it until now. If I miss an item because I am not playing for a while then I hope its nothing I realy want :sweat_smile:

But now I have a question to this case…

So i am playing and paying the battle Pass on official server and then comes an admin and ban me for reasons he could not tell me because he has no time for it?

Can I buy some support time with my crom coins to get an answer?
When you ban me and I lose my battle Pass progress do you pay me my money back?
Or how it works then? For me it’s change the game to a paid service. So when I pay i want to play and when you ban me I can not play… And you ban without saying what was the problem so that’s not ok for me.

2 Likes

Hi @ConanBoDk

If you have any questions or concerns regarding the status of your Conan Exiles account, please make sure you reach out to our team over on Zendesk as they will be able to help you out further.

You can always check out our official server rules for additional inforamtion on what is considered a violation/infraction.
Also, please feel free to look at the land claim post and read more about what falls under the claim spam umbrella.

2 Likes