Game won't load or crashes on my pc with windows 11

I have been trying to get back on SWL for the first time since 2019 on my pc. Either I get a message as I log on that it can’t connect to the authenticate characters servers or the one time it made it to the characters once I picked one, it crashed. I’d really like to get back.

Have you tried turning on compatibility mode?
Right click the SWL Exe and in the properties you can change it there.

At the risk of sounding like a complete confused fool, where do I find the SWL.Exe

In the folder you installed the game to on your computer.
Funcom\Secret World Legends :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, that didn’t work. I went back to Windows 10, redownloaded all my games and SWL still does not load, even using different suggestions I’ve been given. I’m to the point, that I will be removing the game. Much as I like it, there’s no point in it taking up space when I can’t play it.

Try to check the game’s server status. Besides, check your internet connection. Ensure that it’s stable and has sufficient bandwidth for online gaming. Make sure your graphics card and other hardware drivers are up-to-date. Temporarily disable any firewall or antivirus software to see if it is blocking the game’s connection. If you’re using the Steam version of the game, try verifying the game files to ensure that all necessary files are uncorrupted. If none of these steps help, you may try to reinstall your OS by using a license activation key. I hope my advice will be helpful!