Game mode: [Single-player]
Type of issue: [Bug]
Server type: [PvE]
Prior to Isle of Siptah expansion changes, there was a Gameplay adjustment for Nudity (that allowed a selection of options that would save when resuming Gameplay). This could be set at the game level prior to launching a Singe-Player session in the main menu. All of this functionality in the menus still exists, but it gets overwritten.
Note: all mods have been turned off for confirmation testing.
- Change the Gameplay setting in the main menu.
- Return to the main menu to save changes. (Testing to see if the changes will stay).
- Exiting the application.
- Wait a minute (prefer Steam errors).
- Restart application and check the settings. They should show the configured value (other than None).
- Launch single-player game.
- Check the to see if settings are active by looking around in game world.
- Check the Gameplay settings, the configured value will show the previously specified value (other than None). Yet below that the statement will read: “Maximum nudity on the server: None”
- Hit the Back button, and then Resume button.
- Then, go back into the Gameplay menu and check the settings again. The configuration value will match the server setting of “None”.
- Setting in the main menu and then launching game.
- Checking the Gameplay settings once in game will show the same specifications.
- Next go to resume the game and re-check, the value will have been changed.
Note the statement below the configuration on application launch read: “Maximum nudity on the server: Full.”
- Changing the setting in-game will not save at all, after leaving the Gameplay menu.
Notes and findings:
Possible cause, there is default value that is typically provided by a server that the Singeplayer game is still expecting, but without finding it will reset to the default value of: None.
Just below the configurable setting there is the statement: “Maximum nudity on the server: None.”
As a possible fix, changed the: DefaultServerSettings.ini
Manually set the configuration value in there.
Tested the file with and without read-only set.
Stumbled across an additional menu configurations, Settings / Server Settings - just below Tethering Distance. That combined with the Gameplay configuration makes it work.