Gear Fusion Question

I have been trying to research but just cant seem to really find…

When fusing gear to upgrade to the next level…is it required the gear to BOTH be 3 “pip” items when fusing for the best quality?

Or can get use a 3 pip and a 1 pip and fuse and still get the best results?

You do not have to have matching pips while fusing gear to get the best results. Just make sure you have the correct pip you want to upgrade.

Quote for truth. Nothing makes my butt clench more than when I’m about to do a fusion between my 3 pip item and my 1-2 pip item. I triple check because I KNOW that one of these days I’m going to make a very bad mistake :sweat:

It’ll warn you if you do, but with only one extra confirmation dialog. I fused an old basic 3-pip weapon into an extraordinary 2-pip weapon once. Something along the lines of “you’re about to fuse a higher power item into a lower power item. The higher power item will be lost. Do you wish to continue?” I don’t think there’s a similar warning for fusing a low power extraordinary into a high power basic. At least, I haven’t seen one for all the one pip belts.

OK thank you for the replies this helps a LOT

Question also,

do I need the exact same signet to upgrade? or can I use a signet that has the same type but is not the exact same one.

For example
I wane upgrade a lvl 20 signet of empowerment with an lvl 20 signet of thorns.
Both use same slot and are same type but not exact the same

Signet and glyph you need the same, weapon only the same type and talisman is if I remember right anything goes.

You can use any during empowerment (raising to max level). Using the same type (but not exact) here gets bonus empowerment points.

Fusing two max leveled together to make a prettier colour :smile: needs to be same exact type I think.