General crashes since patch 2.6

Game mode: Single-player
Type of issue: Crash
Server type: N/A
Region: Europe (Although I don’t know why at I’m in Australia
Mods?: Yes
Edition: Steam

Bug Description:

Game crashes to desktop upon placing thrall/pet on any surface consistently. Both in Exiled Lands and Siptah.

Game consistently crashes to desktop when attempting to “loot all” from corpse since 2.6

Installed Mods:

Yes

Savage Wilds
Pippi
Northern Timber
Animal and Horse Taming Places
LBPR 7.3.1
Fashionist v4.2.3
Hesruk’s Vanilla Stackables
Hosav’s Custom UI v2.3.4
Pickup+
Greater Camera Distance
Savage Steel
Savage Steel vol.2
Dudes Delightful Decorations
Praise Derketo 1.4.6
Litman Boobs and Don’s
Immerse RP: Buildings and Placeables Decor

Steps to Reproduce:

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. Please be as detailed as possible; the more details, the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Load in to either EL or SP map

2. Have thrall or pet follow

3. Place thrall or pet on any surface

4. Game crashes to desktop.

5. Load in to either EL or SP map

6. Kill beasties

7. Press “f” to loot all from corpse

8. Game crashes to desktop with message about looting all failure.

1 Like

Have your mods updated? Crashes after a patch are usually mod related.

1 Like

I believe this is a known thing with LBPR 7.3.1 with an update planned for tomorrow. I’m having the same issue right now too.

1 Like

with LBPR? the “loot all” crash? i don’t see anything about it in the mod’s discord. the only known bug to be fixed is the use of walls on the sides of the new foundations. the thrall/pet placing issue with LBPR is fixed with 7.3.1 and thats the version used according to the modlist

from the experience with past updates i would remove Pickup+ from the list and wait for an update. i would be surprised if the mod continues to work without an update

or leave the mod out completely now that you can pick up all the building parts with the base game as well

1 Like

@Narelle Yes, I know that’s a possibility but I’m just reporting on case of it being related to patch. Mods will update when they update and that may fix it but it doesn’t hurt to report information pertaining to the patch, even if it just alerts the mod makers.

@Testerle @arthurh3535 Thanks for the suggestions, I will see if they work. Though I was concerned that if you remove a mod in a save game you can corrupt the save?

I was still having this, as I tried to place a pet tiger and CTD. :-/

But I did have to verify and unsub/sub to get IQoL to work when it updated.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, I’ve got away with swapping mods in and out of saves quite a lot without breaking the save (actually, I’m not sure I’ve ever managed to corrupt a save file - and you know I’m good at breaking things :wink: ).

My suggestion would be to make a backup copy of your current save database (and maybe the previous couple of auto backups just in case) - stick that in a folder somewhere (or on the desktop) and then you should be pretty safe to test to your heart’s content, because you know you’ve always got a ‘clean copy’ to revert to if you need it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have (sometimes) the same problem. I removed all mods, started a new game for tests and added one after the other.
After I added all mods of my list still no problems.
I played around a while and then after a while the first issue again. Game crashed when I tried to loot all from a box.
I removed the latest added mods again → same problem.
I added the removed mods again → no problems.

At least for me the problem is not persitent.
This are the mods we are both using (I have a lot more, but not the same as the mods in your list):
Pippi
Northern Timber
LBPR 7.3.1
Fashionist v4.2.3
Hosav’s Custom UI v2.3.4
Pickup+
Savage Steel
Savage Steel vol.2

So if it is mod related it could be one of this mods we are both using.

2 Likes

I’m also using LBPR, Fashionist and Savage Steel - I’ll try to remember to use loot all as often as possible and see if I can get it to crash (I was getting the ‘thrall placing’ crash yesterday, but I believe that’s now resolved). It won’t guarantee anything, but at least might help narrow things down further.

Just to confirm - I guess you guys mean ‘F’ when looking at the chest/corpse/bench, rather than opening the chest and then selecting ‘Take All’ - right?

Try removing this mod until it is updated (if not yet updated). It is a mod that causes issues with pretty much every patch.

1 Like

I have removed it after my last crash. Until now I had not a single crash since then.
It looks like this mod causes the problems.

2 Likes

There are others reporting the same “crashing when attempting to loot” issue who play with no mods.
I also have the same problem and play with lots of mods but not Pickup+ so it’s not specifically Pickup+ causing the issue. Pressing F To Loot all crashes the game 50 50

Also as per my comment on the other thread - my server is crashing not long after I attempt to loot with E or F key. Any corpse looting, not just Loot All

Well I removed the Pickup+ mod and initially it didn’t make any difference to the thrall placement issue but it works now so it’s either Pickup+ or the update to LBRP and others that have.

So thanks to all that made suggestions but I think the initial concern is now solved. Other than that I’m enjoying the update. I knew there would be issues with mods, but that’s just part of playing with them.

I have yet to test the loot corpse issue but I will comment if I come across any more issues including that one.

2 Likes

Another mod which was reported to be causing crashes is BBJigglePhysics. As far as I am aware the mod is no longer updated hence the issues with it are unlikely to be resolved.

2 Likes

Hmmm,

I just got my first ever “empty vault chest” reward though. Just like the ones that made Firesspark rage quit all that time ago. I wonder if it’s back. I’ve been doing Vaults back to back for the last few days and this is new since the update.

@Narelle I don’t think that one is even available any more is it. Either way, it’s good to know that it’s causing issue for anyone that’s still got it.

Server crashes when anyone uses F to loot. Any fixes?

Same here, I’m not using any mods and I’m getting at least a random freeze that forces me to finish the task in windows task manager everyday. After 2.6 before my game never crashed.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.