Getting a lot of Authentication Failed errors

I can log in to one of my accounts (without any problem), but I can not log in to the other. Maybe it has something to do with in-game purchases? Or TwichDrops?

Tried to log at 11pm CST on 2/24. As of 10am CST 2/25 still unable to login to server(s)

I got it for about 35 minutes. Tried to get someplace and disconnected. Which is also a common issue. Now my character and 2 thralls are somewhere, and now I feel like instead of playing this game, I need to check on it every hour, to recover my stuff…hopefully.

I should not have to babysit the game when there could be other things I could be doing

2/25 8:14am still have issues with this error. I don’t see anything about it being solved yet. Does anyone have information?

Ofc! Information: Is WEEKEND :slight_smile:
They will check Monday :smiley:

1 Like

Yoooo FUNCOM, FIX your servers! I’ts SATURDAY I just wanna chill playing some games and you are not helping with those “authentication errors”

1 Like

I can’t log on to any server I am playing.

Seems to be a widespread issue, and not just me.

Not sure if that’s a good or bad thing…

Same issue here… FUNCOM FIX THIS

Hey all,

We’re aware of this issue and we’re monitoring what could be causing this problem.

On a side note, please understand it is a weekend and most of the team is enjoying team with their families, so please don’t harass them via personal social media.

7 Likes

Сделай игру!!! У нас тоже выходные! Мы много работаем и появились выходные. Мы хотим играть!

and we are also with our family… and wanting to have fun in the game at home… funcom always being funcom… when players think about buying a battle pass… we will think about this answer…

2 Likes

Created a new thread here where we’ll provide any updates on the situation.
https://forums.funcom.com/t/authentication-error-2023-02-25/220616/

3 Likes

I have 3X server sat GPortal that I cannot access.

I considered hosting a DUNE Awakenings server when it comes out, but I am seriously reconsidering due to this Service Level Agreement failure.

Thats why you sholdnt release patch on friday, start doing it on monday so the devs have time to fix any problems…

3 Likes

There wasn’t a patch released this Friday, and it’s indeed one of the reasons why we avoid patching on Fridays. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Change the name of Funcom ‘LIVE’ service to something else, then. It’s likely that the weekend is the MOST important time to have uptime for this gamer community.

4 Likes

Weird, last I checked other businesses with weekend peak demand prioritize staffing during the weekend and give them weekdays off. I don’t even get paid and I responded right away and did the best I could for my server residents.

That being said, tell us who is harassing folks on their personal social media so we can raid them immediately. Oh wait… JK :slight_smile:

4 Likes

How can a company who’s entire purpose is interrupted actually say “well it’s the weekend” I have never met a business that would ever sit on such an issue because of the time of day.

7 Likes

@Ignasi I think most understand that it is NOT the employees there are at fault and that it is weekend… Now that’s out of the way, the problem is that Funcom fails as a provider of a stable gaming experience, which in turns brings these reactions. I don’t have the knowledge as to why, but there are several other firms who deliver a “stable” service. You can’t expect to take peoples money and not expect reactions like this when the firm fails so miserably. My 2 cents, enjoy your weekend.

6 Likes

Here is the solution that I have found. It may take multiple attempts though. Log into the server using the direct log in method. I was having the same issue with the server that I host. Trying to log in normally, I could not log in, kept getting the error. Logging in using direct connect method, I’m able to log in, but it may take up to 6 attempts. Several people who use my server have been able to log in this way. Hope this helps, Good Luck!