Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: America
Mods?: No
Edition: Steam

Bug Description:

The patch notes noted the following:

• Removed ghost-items in the Hotbar for (most) non-buildings.

I liked the convenience of having the ghost items in the Hotbar queue to make another item if I needed one. But now, every time I place a chest, it is immediately removed from my Hotbar.

There were only two posts that I could find that complained about ghost items on the bar:

Both issues above were resolvable; you could SHIFT-CLICK to remove the ghost-item or swap the item with something else.

I honestly can’t think of a reason you wouldn’t want the option to have a ghost-item so that you can continue to create new items and place them. This was a very convenient feature and I don’t understand why it was removed except for building pieces. However, as @JJDancer points out below, not all building pieces leave ghost items. Please revert this change.

For reference:

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Craft ( torch, chest, or window frame (rock) for the new DLC )
  2. Put it on Hotbar
  3. Place the item
  4. Ghost item doesn’t remain.
3 Likes

Oh :anguished:
They got removed?
They where really convenient.

Yet, sometimes they would result in me wasting material on an item I don’t need, because I clicked the wrong key.
But that’s on me and I never experienced them being bugged.

Torches are the same now. You have to either pre-make exactly what you want or put up with having to open your crafting queue each time you want another one.

1 Like

Also the window frame (rock) for the new DLC build does not ghost, so annoying.

@Ignasi,

Has this been passed onto the developers? I don’t think this belongs in feedback since there are still bugs, and the implementation is very inconsistent.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.