Global shade cache file is missing

I keep getting a The global shader cache file C:/Program…/Engine/GlobalShaderCache-PCD3D_SM4.bin is missing. error. I’ve updated everything, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game restarted the PC and still nothing works. Is there anything else I can do?

2 Likes

Hey @Scosh

Are you subscribed to any mods?
Otherwise, could you try verifying the integrity of your files and then restarting your system?

I run no mods, tried verifying the integrity, made sure everything is up to date, restarted the system, uninstalled and reinstalled, pretty much everything I can see to do I have tried. The file GlobalShaderCache-PCD3D_SM5.bin is actually there. I was able to play it a few months ago but got busy with other things came back to play it and a no go.

1 Like

Ok so after I replied I was thinking of launch options under the game properties in Steam. If you have used any launch properties for any games such as Ark, Atlas ect. and the Global Shader Error pops up those same launch options carry over to every game in you Steam Library. I deleted those options and like new it works. So game is back to working and all is good.

1 Like

Hey @Scosh

Thanks for letting us know, glad to hear it was resolved :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.