Gods are broken

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvP
Region: EU

Today I tried to summon gods on an official PvP server for the first time ever. It didn’t go the way I planned.

I can forgive bugs and glitches that get eventually fixed. But things like this… they break people. And this almost broke me. I’ve spent dozens of hours collecting resources and hunting necessary thralls. Do you even test your patches before releasing them? If the patch is dedicated to returning gods - may be… just may be, try if they actually work or not?

I tried to relog, tried to kill myself and re-pick the gods. Even asked a friend to log in and try to use them - nothing works.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Create a god
  2. Try to use it
  3. Fail
1 Like

That really sucks… You posted on youtube on 11.07.2020. When did you record the video? I´m asking this out of interest because when the return of gods was first announced, they “forgot(?)” to turn the switch in the server settings, but since the small patch on 09.07.2020 they should finally be enabled. So: When did you try to summon the god shown in the video?

1 Like

It doesn’t appear to be the case in your video, but if you were not aware, you can’t summon near your own structures nor can you summon near no-build areas.

In Testlive patch before it was released to Live, I summoned an avatar of Mitra by the Scorpion King world boss in between Sepermaru and Unnamed City. I wanted to kill the Rhino King boss, but could not because he was too close to Sepermaru. Since this post is 4 hours old, it’s unlikely that you still have the tokens, but if you do, try them at that location.

An hour before posting the vid

Blockquote In Testlive patch before it was released to Live, I summoned an avatar of Mitra by the Scorpion King world boss in between Sepermaru and Unnamed City. I wanted to kill the Rhino King boss, but could not because he was too close to Sepermaru. Since this post is 4 hours old, it’s unlikely that you still have the tokens, but if you do, try them at that location.

The area I tried to test it in the last stage of the video was close to the Western Savannah, very far from Supermaru and from my own buildings. Either it is broken and can’t be summoned at all (I don’t have the tokens anymore to test) or the limitations are absolutely moronic and make vast area around the npc town a safe haven. Which shouldn’t be the case. Gods must be summon-able anywhere, even within your own base if you so will it.

1 Like

So I just checked in Singleplayer mode at both my location and the western edge of the Savanna, and I didn’t have any issues summoning avatars. I don’t know if it’s a server setting, but there’s a discrepancy somewhere.

@Kilix are gods enabled on your server? Esc - Settings - Server Settings

1 Like

Sadly I didn’t check at that day. Right now it’s on

Hey Kilix , I remember on my server ( when gods were not yet deactivated and re activated ) official pve-c that this area was indeed very wide (the sepemeru non summoning god area ) in the north , I tried summoning over there more for show than for real dmg since I wanted to kill the sandreaper queen with a god , turns out I couldn’t because of this area of no summoning , and I went to kill the rotbranch boss in the shattered springs instead it worked perfectly over there and jhebal sagg killed non only the boss but almost all the rocknoses of the acid pools :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.