Gossamer Exploit In Skittering Cavern

Game mode: Singleplayer
Problem: Misc
Region: Skittering Cavern

There are several Gossamer nodes just inside the Skittering Cavern that can be harvested indefinitely. It is the first few nodes on the decline just after you enter the cavern. If you walk past the nodes on the path, turn around and face them, the harvest, you’ll see them disappear. If you step backwards and look away, then back at where the nodes used to be, you’ll see them repopulate. Sometimes you’ll have to play with it for a second, but they will always repopulate 100% of the time. You can use this exploit to gain Gossamer extremely quickly.

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

1. Enter Skittering Cavern and descend a few steps past the first few nodes on the path.
  2. Turn and face the nodes then harvest them.
  3. Take one step back and look 90 to 180 degrees to the right or left.
  4. Move your crosshair/dot over the area that the nodes once were. Some combination of this movement should cause the nodes to respawn instantly.
1 Like

Meh. Who needs to wait for respanws? Hit a few of the nodes with your upgraded black ice pick. You’ll get 20-22 per swing. You will never need to gather gossamer again.

2 Likes

I’m not sure what that has to do with this bug report?

You’re right - the bug report, and the respawning glitch is worth investigating and fixing. My point is that if you are worried about exploiting resource availability… gossamer is already broken in another fashion as well. Consider my post to be an addendum to your bug report. My goal was not to detract from your finding - but to share another method that can be used, and probably is not WAI.

1 Like

While it is a bug, it’s not a gamebreaking one. Silk isn’t exactly a high priority resource and as Cauthey pointed out it’s very easy to acquire hundreds without using that glitch.

Something that eventually should be fixed but not something that needs immediate attention, basically.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.