GTX1060 is getting hot

Hello,
I am a bit scared. My GTX1060 is getting hotter then ever before. I played for example Witcher 3 on high. There is had only 60 C to 65 C. On Conan Exiles it goes up to 80 C. No matter of low or high settings. My CPU (i5 6600k ) is working as usual. Are there any startoptions for steam, or any setting I should deactivate in the Nvidia control center? Thank you :slight_smile:

I Try a bit to Change a few Things in the DefaultEngine.ini. Hope it’s allowed

After speaking with a few of our QA team, they suggested that you lock your frame rate and track the temperature. We’re curious if it’s just putting out more frames than is best for it.

Thank you for your answer. I tried it, but it’s the same. I also tried to play in window-mode, but the temperature is still the same. My changings in the DefaultEngine haven’t helped. Drivers are all up to date, fans are clean and working. Only the laptop-mode I haven’t tried. I will check it tomorrow and tell you if this helped

80C is quite hot, but this isn’t a temperature that should cause too much alarm. The card is almost certainly working a little harder for Exiles if you’re seeing a big difference when playing a game like Witcher 3. I won’t be able to tell you exactly why that is, but 80C not going to damage your card. Nvidia cards are also designed to throttle down the performance if an unsafe temperature is reached.

I’ll link a support article I found on the Nvidia site:

NVIDIA GPU maximum operating temperature and overheating

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2752/~/nvidia-gpu-maximum-operating-temperature-and-overheating

Nvidia safe temp doesn’t kick in until 83c “when throttling starts” and shuts off about 92c to prevent further damage.

Depending which kind of Laptop you have, some run hot and 80ish is usually normal temps. if you have it OC more than what the stock is, try taking it back to normal…

Also, screen resolution has a big play, are you running 1080, 2k or 4k?

Thank you for the link. I think I was just a bit scared. I tryed the laptop-mode and there I have normal 50-60C. I guess the usage Comes from the physics. I am trying still a bit to edit the config :slight_smile:

@ pwesty It’s a dektop PC and it’s not OC. Normally I Play in 1080 allways with vsync on and FPS limted to 60 , but I tryed lower Solutions and window-mode too. Doesn’t matter.

Got a 1060 to, the last driver was a big mess up, the new one works now, cleaned up the pc from the dust and the game run now smooth. Already Cleaned the Pc from dust ?

The Buggy driver i have removed and waited for the new one. I clean my PC weekly.