Guardian combo&feat design is total failure

1. Because it does not give shiny loot
  2. Brokk you can solo on DT. Pull two mobs at the time and keep life taps up at all time and you won’t die. Did this and got all recipes on my DT that way while bored. One run took 10-15 min depending how efficient I was iirc. Timer resets after 30 min so if you spend 15 or 20 min that doesn’t matter much. Just don’t die because if you’re not in a group the trash you clear doesn’t get saved until you kill Brokk.
1 Like

so just because funcom has their own definition of maintenancemode, youd still call it that , fair enough your argument doesnt live long for me too ,since rebalacing the whole class isn`t something you would expect in maitenancemode game tbh

That’s what i tried at first. T3-UC gear at the moment. Maybe i need to get that last desicive strikes point and lot mor dmg boost and get more critigation with forced engage. I made a pure Physical Dread spec for that situation but as long as i pulled more then 1 elite mob, i lacked space to kite and so on. Magnus was easier. Guess i’ll try with Soul Barrier and Mystical Banes as well this time alongside Dread Shadow and use both stuns.
I’ll see how it works out.

Yeah I did it in tali. More power gear should do the trick. Get like 56% mit and don’t kite since then you cannot life tap

1 Like

Well… Just failed. During Brokk fight. Dread didn’t help, Stuns where good for adds. MBs Soul Barrier didn’t help, 59% mitigation didn’t help. Need more dmg output and critigation. I don’t know either if i can manage in Desecration General spec at the moment with T3 equipment. Life tap like crazy works but, i get to much dmg at his special attacks. Cunning deflection didn’t help much. I’ll try it out like that this time. Full taping.

Edit: Much better! Lifetaps and RB up. I think i’ll manage it another time. If only the elite mob Knockbacks would apply normally. I hit sidestep as soon as the cast bar appears but… KB get’s applied still. Sometimes it works normal sometimes not. I feel ‘‘Angry’’ Client response issue…

Agree to disagree as simple as that. Tho i never said rebalance the whole class, boosting dmg of combos is fast n easy, a foa did it ingame adjusting it within seconds between the pulls on the aggrotestings we did back in the day. And i dont see any reason to use any other definition of maintainence mode than theirs when we talk about what they plan on doing with the game :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As you said changing damage or effect numbers can be done in a minute. And can be tested in an hour too. By one person. But its not happened in the past 6~7 years. Its hard to say how this tragedy happned - funcom is lazy, or bunch of selfish players protecting their main classes and funcom belived it.
I still can’t believe that conq has been neglected like this for 8 years. I think its both’s fault. Funcom doesn’t have any clue about how the game is going, and selfish players fooled funcom on forums.

2 Likes

btw Sheeet =Gottmodus?
i wish good guardian in premade or in pug mini in my team for sure.for example Shainah Shneider had a top results in premades and pug minis so ofc its not popular class in game espesialy in pvp like a tos but still well-complited with overgeared stuff.

Guards fine, but wouldn’t mind a bit extra on the pole tree. I can Pole tank most activities with no issue, and swap to one of Moriala’s S&S builds when things get serious.
Guard PVP is good too. I play to its strength which is group pvp where frenzy counter weight+reckoning can hurt bad on anything light armor and below. I’m going to assume no one is expecting high kill counts attacking other tanks.
Dueling with a guard Ive found success as well. timing your stances, movement and utilizing your reach, and momentum. With that said is widely known that guard is not a strong dueling class so when I decide to duel I don’t expect to achieve the same win streaks as an capable Bear Shaman.
Winning a duel a guard is allot of work, or can be a long slow death. Dueling on a Conq is substantially easier.

Good for you then

This might be why your having issues. Hope you work things out.

Compared to a conq and dt in both pve and pvp the guard needs some love

Do you see guards in pvp often…nope…most of the old great guards have migrated to other classes for fun and dps in pvp

I love my guard in pve but dts generate more aggro still on longer fights and both them and conqx have a significant more dps both in defensive and dps spec

I very much disagree that the guard is fine

Guard is fine. It can easily do 80 CCs in a 15 minute engagement, where the other tanks are capable of much fewer. I got hit by a 11k counterweight today. Please don’t make dumb suggestions like “guard needs love”

It’s a situational pick, but all tanks are. Guardian is infinitely stronger than DT at chasing and finishing targets. Guardian has way more team utility than conq, and more utility than DT as well. Neither conq nor DT has the ability to buff their team like guardian does. It certainly has weaknesses, but it’s still an incredibly strong class.

3 Likes

I think making bad suggestions is the lowest threat to the game, anyone expecting changes anytime soon?

1 Like

Please dont make dumb comments like guards are fine

That can go both ways buddy

The problem here is guards need a lot of love in PvE and we cant seem to separate that from PvP.

The difference here is I have hundreds of games showcasing the strength of guardian, and actively play it in organized pvp environments. I’d be happy to post them for your convenience. You have damage parses and raid experience, with a spattering of crappy Crom pug minis. I have no doubt that guardian is sorely lackluster in the DPS department in raids, but it certainly has great burst agro and survivability. I am not qualified to say anything else about their performance in PvE. Saying it needs love because it has weaknesses is unreasonable; by that metric, all classes need buffs right now.

Why do you think almost half the premade teams in the previous tournaments had guardians on them? Were players trying to gimp themselves to show how good they are?
No, guardian has a Batman like arsenal of tools available to it. Let’s talk about them:

• 2 low cool down snares
  • 3 super fast stuns, one of which is AOE self centered
  • an AOE fear
  • 2 knockbacks
  • 88% team wide weapon damage buff up every minute. This weapon damage also substantially increases the damage HoX deal with burn to death, and applies retroactively. You can literally tell your hox to call when BTD is finished and pop your buffs, and watch the entire enemy team die.
  • stand your ground literally counters PoM’s biggest CC
  • The capability to do the most damage in a single combo in the game. Remember that previously mentioned 11k counterweight? I wasn’t even debuffed fully debuffed, and we were playing in t1 gear without exile runes or potions.

If you want to continue running general/tempest and complain about not being able to skillfully 1 shot players with bloody vengeance anymore, go for it. Guardian is still a great class in PvP. The reason it’s not popular is because the tempest/general spec is brain dead boring, and the class truly excels in coordinated premades and group-oriented pvp. Most players (especially people that play tanks in PvP exclusively) prefer to play as damage rather than support, and refuse to try juggernaut/tempest specs because they can’t comprehend the concept of helping teammates rather than farm clothies.

Nobody gives a s*** that it can’t defeat bear shamans or conqs in duels. AoC is not balanced around duels, and never has been.

Look at the finishing blows and CCs this class is capable of, and compare it to the other tanks:
https://pvplevelup.com/game/koh/601c93103ae46405207b4728
https://pvplevelup.com/game/koh/601c8d0f3ae46405207b4722
https://pvplevelup.com/game/koh/601c86813ae46405207b471d
https://pvplevelup.com/game/koh/601c80033ae46405207b470e

In general, yes, guardian does have lower dps but makes up for it with a variety of utilities. More experienced guardians than I probably have more screenshots, but I can only imagine the class feels a lot stronger playing in t3 gear, with raidfinders, AA, crit pots, exile rune, etc.

1 Like

Unfortunately it goes downhill fast. Guard doesn’t scale very good with better gear so you actually end up with doing less dmg to people with more hp.

Keep trying to put lipstick on a pig all you want, the guard has been abandoned by many of the great old players for other characters in pvp …

… I wonder why that is ???

Should I listen to all them I asked or a random forum poster who uses an 11k crit that happens as regularly as Hayley’s Comet to prove dps is okay …

Cheers, I’m out of this conversation

You are refusing to listen to reason.

You’re leaving the conversation because you don’t have any evidence aside from “great pvpers” abandoning the class. Can I get some names? How about a response to the fact the class was present on most premade teams?

Here’s the consensus I receive:
It’s a great class, but can be boring to play in pugs, especially when you’re in Crom minis without the faintest trace of team play.

1 Like