Guardian rf rings and wb cloak

which ones for tank shield build?
the +300 armor rings, but the cloak? someone suggested the hate increase one but it lowers down the armor
but since i’m just t3 now is it better focus with polearm until i get t4? (so strength rf rings and which cloak?
can a t3 guard do decent tanking?

For guard only the hate soldier wb cloak is interesting at all. One of the others is for dual wield with offhand rating (conq) one clearly for DT (magic damage) and the protection one is worse than the t3 quest cloak reward.

As a guard you are the best tank with respect to low gear and your asset is your survivability, while your agro is driven mostly from hate since your dps will suck anyway. So the first ring should definitely be a prot ring IMO. Both conq and in particular DT are more gear dependant as tanks than you.

Outside pvp polearm is nothing in this game one would take you too serious in groups or raids. And again with lower gear you need all the survivability you can get which is superior for S+S both skillwise and simply due to the stats of shield as armor piece.

1 Like

yes T3 guard can do decent tanking, but depends what activity u do

2 Likes

“but depends what activity u do”
…T2.

Personally I would love to see a T3 dressed guard in T2, with T4 and above dressed melee and mage dps behind his/her back.

Chance of tanking is about less than two, three combos?!
After that it would become a goadfest just like it used to be.

from a steady “aggro generating abilities” rotation, the rest is just about meeting the mitigation treshold for the encounter. :wink:

The average player in t4 gear today does less dmg then a decent player did with t2 gear couple years ago, no i wouldnt rule out t3 gear in the scenario youre describing.

T3 guard with simple chaos rings is a GOD compared to a t3 dt/conq and can very reliably tank with t4 dpsers even if being “average” whatever that means now :stuck_out_tongue:

I used to tank in T6 with T3 gear (few Kithai pieces). Only Problem with T3 is the low hitrating.

T3:

1 Head RemoveHelm of the Invincible
2 Chest RemoveChestguard of the Invincible
3 Shoulder RemoveArmguards of the Invincible
4 Wrist RemoveVambraces of the Invincible
5 Hands RemoveGauntlets of the Invincible
6 Belt RemoveGirdle of the Invincible
7 Legs RemoveTasset of the Invincible
8 Feet RemoveBoots of the Invincible
9 Back
10 Necklace
11 Left Ring
12 Right Ring
13 Main Hand
14 Off Hand
Value AttributeUnmerge stats
8640 Armor
57.78 DPS
+5802 Health
+2242 Stamina
+56.05 Natural Stamina Regen
+168.15 OOC Health Regen
+168.15 OOC Stamina Regen
+124 Hit Rating
+94 Hate Increase Rating
+1160 Protection
+160 Taunt Skill
+40 Perception Skill

T4 Physical:

1 Head RemoveHelm of Courageous Souls
2 Chest RemoveChestplate of Courageous Souls
3 Shoulder RemoveArmguards of Courageous Souls
4 Wrist RemoveBracers of Courageous Souls
5 Hands RemoveGauntlets of Courageous Souls
6 Belt RemoveBelt of Courageous Souls
7 Legs RemoveTasset of Courageous Souls
8 Feet RemoveBoots of Courageous Souls
9 Back
10 Necklace
11 Left Ring
12 Right Ring
13 Main Hand
14 Off Hand
8862 Armor
2096 Critigation Amount
57.83 DPS
+6816 Health
+3092 Stamina
+7.6 Natural Health Regen
+77.3 Natural Stamina Regen
+231.9 OOC Health Regen
+231.9 OOC Stamina Regen
+334 Hit Rating
+200 Hate Increase Rating
+119 Critical Damage Rating

T4 Magical:

1 Head RemoveHelm of Fearless Souls
2 Chest RemoveChestplate of Fearless Souls
3 Shoulder RemoveArmguards of Fearless Souls
4 Wrist RemoveBracers of Fearless Souls
5 Hands RemoveGauntlets of Fearless Souls
6 Belt RemoveBelt of Fearless Souls
7 Legs RemoveTasset of Fearless Souls
8 Feet RemoveBoots of Fearless Souls
9 Back
10 Necklace
11 Left Ring
12 Right Ring
13 Main Hand
14 Off Hand
8726 Armor
1921 Critigation Amount
57 DPS
+5232 Health
+2676 Stamina
+66.9 Natural Stamina Regen
+200.7 OOC Health Regen
+200.7 OOC Stamina Regen
+283 Hit Rating
+233 Critical Rating
+101 Hate Increase Rating
+286 Critical Damage Rating
+922 Protection

If you look at the stats only the protection is higher in the T3 set.
Everything else is much better in T4.

Back in the days in The Fail Bunch the Guardians tried to compare the T3 and T4 Fearless set on Mithrelle, best known for the solo tanking for Guards. The protection/survival side was a little bit better, but the aggro keeping was very week. It was like a roller-coaster, waiting for the next goad.
I do not see the point to use T3 armor at all in the current game. There is no critigation in it, what higher content is needed.

For those of you who think they can out tanking a maximum T4 geared(with T4 accessories only!) magic or melee dps. It is just an illusion. They will peel off the aggro from you easily, it does not matter how pro you are, and how many times you can push on the goad or forced engaged.

Suggest to a fresh player to use a 10 years old armor set!? It is just unfair. When you are using T6 all the time.

“Decent tanking”
In my dictionary it means, keep the aggro from the first second until the last, without aggro loss.

You can write but obviously not read. No one advised him to prefer t3 over t4 but that is simply what he has for now, and even with that gear you can do very decent if you exactly know what you doing.

no one is suggested the guy to use t3 gear over anything else, dont understand where u got that from.

are you online tomorrow? you seem sure about your statement so lets see you taking aggro easily in T4 gear when im using t3 only. we need you to clear us from this illusion :crazy_face:

Nobody suggested he uses t3. He asked if the t3 set on guard is ok for tanking while he’s getting t4 and it is. It and black dragon are probably the only decent sets in t3.

Mori!
I know you are the best Guard ever existed in the game. :smiley:
Just joking.
But…!
Ask Hayde(DT), Evito(DT), CK(Tos, Necro, Conq), Pusjo(was one of the Guard on Mithrelle, he is not playing anymore), and the guild leader(on Guard, I do not remember his name) of Fail Bunch back in 2014 or so I think, and a couple of other players that I do not remember their names. Behind them there were dps’ers like Nialcara(on Demo), Chevrette(on Pom), and a bunch of other very good players, who pushed very hard from the very first second!
So ask them how garbage was the aggro in T3 Guard armor set against Hayde’s, Evito’s T4 tali DT on Mithrelle, on Strom, on Emperor…
If you want to prove your skills, ask them, not me!

For the end words:
In my humble opinion, T3 Guard armor set is not worth for 5 minutes to keep it in the current game with the current geared player base, if you have better/higher gear, change it.
(T4-T5-T6 geared players will be around you most of the time, with legendary rings(gems), legendary cloaks, arena necklaces, with a tons of dps and crit. Without minus hate of course. :slight_smile: )
Only keep it, when you want to watch the game and travel with the raid.

To avoid future confusions, you should read properly before making wall of texts, the guy clearly says hes going for t4 gear, but wonders if he can play decently untill then. Hes obviously not doing endgame content based on what he wrote, and in that case, t3 is fine. shouldnt he play the game untill he gets t4 gear? you are still implying that someone said he should stick around with t3 over other alternatives, something you just made up from your own imagination.

I mean if you make bold statements, then why backing away from proving them :slight_smile: arent you one of the “anyone” who can take aggro easily from a t3 tank? Then who does it apply to exactly.

3 Likes