Heavy armor should have immunity to bleed

Good luck “cutting” a guy wearing a real suit of god breaker armor :joy:

Feel free to nitpick on my stuff. I’ll nitpick back by noting that none of the weapons you mention are swords or arrows; I mentioned those two for a reason. I’ll go on and specify that a sword can still be effective against armor if you grab it by the blade and hit the opponent with the pommel or crossguard (this is why katanas are bad against armor - they don’t have a proper pommel or crossguard).

I love games that try to simulate realism as well as they can with their gameplay; but when gameplay simply cannot deal with realism most of the time, it becomes irrelevant that there’s the occasional bit of realism included. At that point they can just dump realism* and focus on interesting and fun gameplay all the way.

*) I love my ballistic dead rhinos.

I think you’re on to something. Heavy armor would make it difficult for a knife fighter to land a deep wound. Difficult but not impossible. What if we say that heavy armor has a 50% chance to disregard a bleed effect? Maybe end game expensive heavy armors like godbreaker could have a 75% chance?

I’m a PvP’er and I can tell you that literally nobody uses heavy armor, don’t even use medium armor (except for helms).

With epic flawless light armors and grit 30 (which gives you +50 armor) you can have 60% damage reduction. Same build with medium armor you get around 68% damage reduction and heavy armor you get around 75%+ (approximate numbers).

Then add in the new hammer Worldbreaker, that does 50 dmg and has 100% armor penetration, so ignores all armor. It is fairly easy to farm for and insanely powerful. There are many other options to negate armor. So the drawbacks of heavy armor are simply not worth the cost with these options available.

In order to make it appealing (useful) for PvPers there needs to be a huge buff to heavy armors. Immunity to bleed might work. But tbh it might not be a good enough buff for people to use heavy armor.

Also have to keep in mind that crafting a heavy armor costs hardened steel, a full set takes about 100 bars (with a T4 armorer). Material that is more useful upgrading your weapons and tools or making building pieces (steel reinforcement).

So even if heavy armor had immunity to bleed it would still only be an option for rich clans.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.