Hell and Bach Tier 6 Issue *Solved

Hello! Recently I’ve run into a problem with the final step for Hell and Bach. When pulling up the video on the web browser I get this error from YouTube:

“We’ll stop supporting this browser soon. For the best experience please update your browser.”

and

“Your browser does not currently recognize any of the video formats available. Click here to visit our frequently asked questions about HTML5 video.”

Sorry I’d post a screenshot but new users can’t link or post pics hopefully this is helpful enough.
My guess is that for some reason the in-game Web Browser is pulling up an outdated version of YouTube?

~Edit~
Turns out I don’t need to watch the video to complete the Tier 6 part of the quest so this bug isn’t a problem with Hell and Bach but the Web Browser itself.

Thank you everyone for helping me out, love ya guys <3

1 Like

The error message is as follows:

The issue is that the in-game browser is out of date. By default, Youtube no longer supports the formats that it can handle.

1 Like

I heard SWL, tsw never support YouTube in game. My friend said I have to use browser outside of game

TSW definitely used to, it was a core part of some of the puzzles. The reason it doesn’t work now (at all) is because of the move away from Flash Player. Youtube has stopped supporting it completely…

Ok. I ask in game and said it never work.

The in-game browser dates all the way back to 2011. Really, it shouldn’t be used at all.

1 Like

I quickly learned not to use it. Alt-tabbing out of the game and using Firefox was always better.

2 Likes

Oh! That makes more sense. Geez I forgot how old TSW is :o Thank you for adding pics too!

Usually I never use the in-game browser but it’s one of those occasions where I need it for a mission. Is there any way of completing the quest without the browser? The game doesn’t give me credit for finding his old lecture on YouTube whenever I look it up. I’m guessing it’s because I have to play the bugged video? Anyone know a way to fix this temporarily?

1 Like

The mission completes once you read the note. The video is just for flavor.

2 Likes

I went back to the occult museum after reading your reply Aeryl and low n’ behold I find what I need in the trashcan lol I guess my brain skipped that step and thought about the video, it’s been a long time since I’ve done the quest. Thank you for letting me know! :slight_smile: Thank you everyone else too I appreciate the responses!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.