Here you go.. made a Damage Meter mod

Yay! @Pixelcave just did a showcase video on this!!! :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Awesome job by @Pixelcave with the video.

5 Likes

Thank you! :blush:

7 Likes

I love this mod. Lets me do my own ā€œbalanced modsā€ thing in my own private server.

However, testing stuff is a pain since I made an enclosure where I spawn NPCs and go at them all ā€œcloackedā€ like to somewhat test weapons against each other.

Do you know if thereā€™s a way to spawn a zero XP, unresponsive but hostile (targettable and attackable) NPC? That would be an amazing addition to your DPS metre, if there is none.

Cheers for this amazing mod.

1 Like

I replied to that in discord, but for others reading the thread:
There is a Funcom dummy you can spawn that has very little (I think 12 if I remember correctly?) armor and 150k health and is completely passive.
XX_Test_DoNothing_HealthBoost

I typically use that, or if I want a large hitbox fixed HP something to kill, I usually go for the giant croc :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been working on this mod for a week now :slight_smile: since we got the new devkitā€¦
For Chapter 2 itā€™s going to have a major update. Itā€™s not going to look or feel much different though, but the insides are completely new :stuck_out_tongue:

I know people like to ā€œseeā€ the changeā€¦ soooo ummā€¦ hereā€™s a sneaky preview of the new titlebar for example!

Also as a side-note regarding the performance of the mod as I got some concerns on the steam comments where people were told by their server admins that they wonā€™t install it because itā€™sā€¦ let me quote this oneā€¦

I was always aware that it doesnā€™t have much impact, in fact itā€™s negligibleā€¦ especially on the serverā€¦

However while working on it now I actually tried to benchmark it :smiley: I couldnā€™tā€¦ it literally runs in 0-1 msā€¦ soā€¦ even if you have a thousand NPCs simultaneously being hit on the serverā€¦ itā€™ll be just fine lol.

In fact all parts of it are that fast, even the client side. Even the bar generation loop runs under 1 ms on my average 3 year old gaming pcā€¦ (the frequency of which btw can be adjusted in the settings)

The most noticeable client-side performance impact would be from the floating damage numbers in case you throw a grenade in a crowd, since the numbers have to be displayed / animated and all that jazz, ofc those can be simply turned off if someone is doing that a lot and their computer is noticing the difference.
Bottom lineā€¦ it has virtually ZERO server impact, so nothing to be afraid of.

3 Likes

The mod is wonderful. I just have one question: is it possible to expand the font size scale (settings) in the direction of increasing it? This applies to the top right panel; the letters are difficult to read during the game. I would increase my font size by at least one and a half times ā€¦

Hmm :thinking: even at the maximum scale of the mod? Because I always had the opposite complaints which is why I added the scaling slider to the settings way back

And which do you mean? the combat log panel that lists the individual hits with a timestamp?

Yes. But, as far as I understand, the font size setting is the same for both windows, so this is not so important. Personally, itā€™s not a problem for me if both windows are slightly enlarged, Iā€™m already used to it))
I agree that for analysis after a battle a large font is not needed, but to notice numbers out of the corner of the eye during a battle requires a larger font.

Hmmmm :thinking: wonder how it looks like that :stuck_out_tongue:
(subtle hint that maybe the customization options have also changed)

1 Like

Okay, so the update has happened :slight_smile: Weā€™re now above version 2 of The Damage Meter. It got a bit of a facelift as well as new QoL settings and tweaks.

Changelog (this update involved quite a bit of work):

• Complete code cleanup and redesign (roughly 40 hours worth of cleanup work lol, but itā€™s pretty now!)

• Created a color picker instead of the selection grid and redesigned the Settings window to implement it.

• Added setting to show / hide timestamps in combatlog

• Damage meter now remembers Current or Total encounter selected

• Changed calculations for Steel Thewed in accordance with the new gameplay changes (max damage is now 33% of HP)

• Tweaked the floating damage numbers so they now follow their targets and also move a bit faster to spread more

• Tweaked how raw damage is intercepted and filtered (might allow for additional damage sources to be picked up)

• Made the UI more responsive to controls regardless of the refresh interval set

• When tracking another player who killed a target, you will now correctly see 0 XP awarded if you or your followers didnā€™t actually contribute to the kill

• Made the damage meter text on in the header prettier (I hope)

• Made the breakdown UI less transparent than the main one to make text more easily readable

• When scaling the main window or combat log next to the screen edge, they will not expand off-screen

• Added button to reset settings to defaults

• Added option to set which corner of the screen the restore button goes to when minimized (for compatibility with other mods that add icons in the bottom left corner)

• Moved default position of windows to the top (for new users who didnā€™t have it saved yet, as it was overlapping the default position of proximity party)

• Added opacity slider for the theme to allow for more customization

• Fixed situational timing bug resulting in incorrect data saves being used and player not identified correctly

• Fixed bug where color theme would not apply to damage break-down tooltip

• Fixed bug that required pressing segments button twice if it was opened when minimizing

• Fixed bug where Segments panel would shoot off into the distance if it was open while scaling the UI

• Fixed various other minor bugs

Enjoy! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like