Holiday Contest Winners!

, ,

And with that, the holidays have ended. We hope everyone had an amazing New Years as well! We got some pretty impressive and creative entries to this year’s Holiday Contest. We will contact the winners listed here about their prize. Here are the winners!

Grand Prize Winner

The Addams Family
A super creative recreation of the opening scene to the Addam’s Family movie! They even replaced the text with names of their characters from their private server, Hyboria.

Original Scene:

9 Runner Ups

Christmas Cottage

National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation

South Park

Morozko (also known as Mrazik)

Original Scene:

National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation

vacation1

A Christmas Carol (2009)

Polar Express

Polar Express

polar3

Bad Santa

If you don’t see yours up there, feel free to reply to this thread with your screenshots! If you do see yours, feel free to speak up and let everyone know. Everyone did an amazing job. Thanks for participating!

17 Likes

I am glad that this contest did well and recieved a lot of entries. There is some amazing creativity on display here. Great job peoples! :evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

I won a thing? If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet I wouldn’t be more surprised!

I was the Christmas Vacation gif, big shout out to the other Christmas Vacation person, I think your house is amazing!

6 Likes

Congrats to the Winners! :+1:

1 Like

Some very amazing work , Congratulations to all the winners. I can see that everyone has some serious creativity and brought some serious competition. Bravo!

3 Likes

Really nice entries ! I’m glad that this contest was a thing ! Congrats to everyone who participates !

2 Likes

Awesome Job to all of you! Nicole suggested to post the rest of the picture that were submitted … we have monthly themed build contests on my server and love when we can coincide with funcom!

11 Likes

All are beautiful however any mod server entrys shouldn’t be included since its an advantage :roll_eyes: just my 2 cents

1 Like

Honestly, few of these just make me feel so bad for my ps4… never really stand a chance.

Congrats to all winners.

The time it took to place all those candles…

3 Likes

Us console players are the red headed step children in the Conan world we get no love :frowning:

I love the glass window mods PC players get.

Im sitting here making a xmas trees from sandstone lol

Hello,

I’m Zhou from Hyboria. Thank you very much to Funcom and for your comments !! :slight_smile:
And congrats to everyone for these entries ! :slight_smile:

I uploaded the video on Youtube because the existing one doesn’t work well, but I can’t post a link here… :frowning:
You can search for “the hyboria family” on Youtube and you’ll find it.

2 Likes

Congratulations to all winners. These are really great entries.
My favorite is “Bad Santa”. I simply had to laugh because of the funny reenactment of the scene. Using “Asura’s Glory” as the christmas tree is awesome. I love it :smiley:

2 Likes

This one, I believe.

1 Like

That lovely Christmas tree brought a tiny little fleck of dust into the corner of my eye and I had to dab at it. That’s my story and I’m sticking with it. Such a beautiful setting and you included my contest painting. :heart: Thank you for all the feels!

May I also add, congratulations to every winner. I laughed out loud at the Bad Santa send-up, and the South Park piece inspired me to watch the Holiday Special. It’s Howdy Ho-liday-tastic!

5 Likes

Fantastic, Bravo to all.

Mine (Christmas Vacation gif) is on PS4, official PVE server 3512! With help from a clanmate who shot me with an explosive arrow on cue :smile:

Have hope, consolers!

4 Likes

You placed all that with a controller :interrobang: Right on!!

What cracks me up is the very subtle turn the sleigh driver makes. Perfect timing with the “banging the power switch.” Great job. Honestly I missed your contribution before because it didn’t look like it was clickable on the device I was using.

1 Like

I really wanted to try and recreate this classic scene from Monty Pythons Life of Brian. As many forum members would already know I am quite the Monty Python fan. However I sadly lack the creative flair for such designs. Furthermore, it probably would not have counted as a Christmas movie.

4 Likes

I have misplaced picture… (I redid ps4 500gb HD for 2TB one) So I think I lost my screen caps.

I did grandma got run over by reindeer. (which is a Song, that got made a cartoon)

Sadly… Ps4 doesnt allow Camera zoom in and outs, and combat lock on zooms in above head… so it was near impossible to get it right. Not mention CE runs abit slow on Ps4, and Screen Cap button isnt as response on this game at times…

Sadly, I havnt seen cartoon in years… I dont think they actually show her getting run over.
And judging by everyones winning entries, they went for match on match point.
I instead made a Conan Exiles loooking town, made old character, and got my some beat down by a Elk pretending to be reindeer.
Town took abit of building, (i cheesed several of houses, (which had no back walls) But most of ones in screen-cap were full built, and had chairs and fireplaces and such inside.(incase you saw in window. XD)

I wasnt very happy with my choice honestly… after 45+ screencaps. I just kinda settled on "meh"est one of bunch…(best of the bunch…which was still meh)

I also tried to build top of building of Diehard, but helicopter + structure limits really broke that idea.

Other, which someone also had same idea was to use color blocks and make minecraft style picture of Conan and Santa on mountain… (they did south park)

My other choice was X-mas train… but trying to make wheel look right with box cars on top drove me insane. Judging by entry shown above, We had same idea…but yours looks 1000% better then what I had going, LOL

We don’t have camels on ps4, which shot down idea of 3 kings…

2 Likes

How’d you find blue and silver candles
That would just have matched the hair on Grandma’s wig?

:stuck_out_tongue:

Hope you discover the missing snapshot in your Sent Items stocking.

1 Like