Horse Instantly Killed after dismount in water

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: |Bug
Server type: [ PvE ]
Region: [ America]
Hardware: [ PS4 pro ]

Bug Description:

Dismounted from horse while horse was swimming and horse instantly died.

Steps to Reproduce:

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. Please be as detailed as possible; the more details, the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Dismount from horse while in water. was near a submerged sandstone foundation. North shore siptah map. Near flame in the North.
  2. Horse instantly died while following.
  3. No lootbag with saddle was produced
  4. No record of horse dying in event log. No record of lootbag decaying showing in event log.

Expected Behavior

Horses shouldn’t die the instant you dismount

2 Likes

I have heard someone report this on a server I play on, yet I have dismounted in water many times before and after the players reported this happened and I have never encountered this bug. Thankfully it was a private server and the admin was on and spawned them a new horse and saddle, granted they would need to level the horse up again but still nice to get a new horse right away. So I know this CAN happen I have no idea why. I also have dismounted in water on another server and have had no issues there either.

1 Like

Agreed. I have dismounted numerous times in the water without issue. It seemed to be completely random. Not sure if being near a sandstone block created some sort of collision issue or what.

Wasn’t game breaking and thankfully I just lost a horse and saddle which are easy enough to replace but still annoying nonetheless.

Hi,

They are aware of this issue, and hopefully they resolve it soon. It seems to be happening across all platforms.

Here are the other topics:

Dana requested specific info on server number, and time of the incident (check event log).

Good luck!

3 Likes

I also ran into this issue for the first time ever. I was not near a sandstone foundation but I was at a spot the horse failed to be able to climb out of (which has happened before as others have stated) but this time when I got off - poof horse is dead. I DID get a notification from the game that ‘Paint was killed following you’ The body is gone so I also believe there is some sort of collision happening. While loosing a horse isnt the end of the world, losing a level 20 horse with all his gear and all he was carrying is a loss of several hours of game play.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.