Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: America
Mods?: No
Edition: Steam
Server: 1513

Bug Description:

I was riding on my horse crossing water at M5 heading south, got off horse to climb on a map-room in the middle of the water. Horse disappeared. I waited for him to show up like usual, but he didn’t appear on the map-room platform with me. I figured he was stuff somewhere, so got back in the water and looked around. There were no obstacles or palisades around to get caught on, then I switched to the
Follower panel to track where he was. That is when I realized he no longer existed, and I checked the event log. Here is what it showed:

From what I can see here the horse died immediately after I got off and also the loot bag was immediately destroyed as well without the regular 2-minute decay.

Expected Behavior:

Horses shouldn’t die when dismounted while in water.

Steps to Reproduce:

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. Please be as detailed as possible; the more details, the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Got off the horse while in water at M5
4 Likes

I found myself in the same situation. Dismounted the house while on the water. Horse died a few seconds later.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing, I figured this must be happening to others as well.

Happened to me as well. Slightly differently…

I didn’t dismount in the water. I had a horse set to guard that I simply left in the water. Patch day full on killed him.

Same happened to me. Dismounted my horse in water, on official server Siptah map, and it immediately died. ((sadface))

3 Likes

@Community

Players are losing their horses on multiple servers. Can you pass this on to dev?

1 Like

Hi @Lahaina and thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We’ve passed this report over to the rest of the team for further investigation.
In the meantime can you please let us know on what official servers you’ve encountered the issue?
Also when (date) did this happen in game?

3 Likes

@Dana,

Sorry missed your questions, but both pieces of information are in my original post, the log shows when it happened, and the Server ID is also in the header section, 1513 America

1 Like

Having the same issue on our private server (gportal)

1 Like

We are having the same issue at Official Server #6432. Five Minutes ago. Yet nothing in the event log. Worst thing is my clan mate just lost our last remaining Kordavan Saddle :unamused:

1 Like

Happened to 3 people on 6445 so far.

1 Like

I had a similar ‘experience’ a few days ago on official Server #6012
Friday if I remember correctly
I was riding into the water at the marked location.
Upon pressing “C” to dismount, my horse just vanished.
I got the “your follower was killed” message, but nothing in the Event Log.
No corpse, no loot bag left behind

siptah

1 Like

To add to this I’ve had a few horses and thralls killed in the water crossing at j7 j8 k7 k8 in that square those 4 grids form together, seems like it has something to do crossing into the new southern area or coming back across the water there

Happened to my horse when my brother used it and dismounted in water. Instant glue!

Happened to me too… Lost my level 20 horse…

I had something similar happen, not sure if it’s actually related. I was riding and once the horse stepped into the edge of the water it dismounted me because the horse died right there. I lost two horses this way.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.