How long before Bandit Leader wipe?

therefore wipe seems their predicted conclusion?

1 Like

Don’t make me the Sherpa of disappointment.

I mean, this is the perfect place to address this now and give some warning that “They have been notified of a feature that is concerning with regards to balance of thralls. This may affect BL and please make preparations for replacements if another solution cannot be found
”

Added: We’re mature players on a rated M game (although some fight like 8yr old brothers and sisters on the forums), we should all understand that open world survival pvp genre has aspirations to give the customer so much freedom that not all possibilities can be predicted before a change is made. Let’s communicate both ways about that world and those changes.

1 Like

Yeah I agree. I’ll be even more blunt. When we knew the nerf was coming, I set about gathering BLs. My wheel was half-full when I realized the truth: they’re probably going away. So I have one in the world and three in the vault. Honestly I only really get ticked off when I see others being hurt or are about to be hurt, and at least one of my good pals has a metric ton of BLs. It’s just a shame.

1 Like

Wow, this is the first post i have seen in a while that was non-biased and fact based. And in theory, any BL’s are technically an advantage if other players cannot now obtain them. Problem is, that is a PVP problem. PVE, it has no effect. So solution:

1. Fix the KO bug. Since he is not spawning in the world, having him be concussive should not pose a problem.
  2. Only wipe him on PVP Official (might not be possible though)
  3. Bring back the Bandit leader, just with a lower spawn rate.
  4. Wipe him altogether, and then PVP gets to hear about how we are the blame somehow for this oversight by Funcom.
1 Like

yeah I flagged this pvp for a reason, and ty for the compliment. I hope FC can figure this one out with as little collateral damage as possible.

Happy to be of service :grin: The similarities are there though, even if people like to pretend otherwise for whatever reason, up to and including Vathis not being a speaking-NPC while he was captureable.

1 Like

Probably most likely schmaybe, I agree

The Bandit Leader is immune to Knock Out but not to death so why are you making a problem where there is nothing at all ? If bandit leaders are a problem when you raid a base just kill them and use a truncheon on thrall who can be knocked out.

am I? I don’t recall MAKING anything, I just play the game.

I do, but does that change any of the facts I’ve stated above?

I am simply posting observations made during my gameplay to attempt to improve the game. IDC if that creates a problem for you.

1 Like

@WhatMightHaveBeen

Or just get unlucky :smiley: :joy::rofl::rofl::joy:

2 Likes

Because KO is by far easier against thralls in God armor, and allows for a more efficient raid than spending hours killing thralls. It, unfortunately, tilts PVP raiding and melee (because you have to fight 6 hours a day other peoples thralls in the open) to the side of the haves over have-nots. This was not a rare Thrall, so people who have them, have them. We started on a server when they were introduced. In 1 week, we 40+ of them. And we weren’t even close to being the alpha.
For informational purposes, it does cause a PVP imbalance that people need to be aware of when they raid. And Funcom could be proactive and make a final statement on the status so the rest of us can give definitive in game replies to new players if asked, saving forum space for real bugs and issues. Eventually people will start reporting this as a bug, a cheat, etc if they started playing after the bandit leader removal from Sep City. Having an answer like we do for mounts and map expansion in game allows us to help new players with real factual info.

2 Likes

Thralled thralls already have a flag of who’s the owner so it should be an easy fix.

If owner != server or null enable KO

1 Like

@Ignasi bringing attention to this option

Don’t PVPers want to be able to knock out and steal each other’s thralls? If so, that would do the opposite of fixing the issue.

Let’s just present options and let the dev’s sort that

2 Likes

Easiest is to allow for knock out again, and bring it back as a rare spawn somewhere’s. Doesn’t have to be powerful, same HP as now. OR, just make all player owned thralls concussive. Avoid wiping them, as PVE has earned the badge of having them. Kind of a veterans medal.

How would that be the opposite? If it’s owned by a player let it be knocked out. If it spawns in the world don’t. Key programming there is the != meaning if it’s not owned by the server or the owner flag is not set then that statement is true. Therefore allowing KO.

1 Like

I guess misread it, because as I understand it they no longer spawn in the world, which if true would make your code redundant, so my brain auto corrected it to reading as “=” instead of “!=”.

To my knowledge they are still supposed to spawn. Just aren’t thrallable anymore because they can’t be knocked out. If they don’t spawn anymore that would mean the whole not being able to be knocked out was a waste of time for them to implement.

1 Like