How to make archery perfect!

How do you guys face Thag with a bow??

1 Like

I didnā€™t do it. Skeletons die hard with bows so until you reach thag you need 1k arrows (funny speculation I really donā€™t know).
Either way, seriously speaking now, it is a difficult dungeon to go alone. I can understand doing it as challenge for fun, but for serious farming it is best to go with a thrall and have 4 perks in Authority too (well trained). So far I went 2 times without 4 perks and a bearer with enormous hp barely made it. My first time was, disaster, in the final fight I lost both the berserker 19 and horse 20.
If however (pushing again sorry) you retrieve your arrows back then you could stand a chance to farm this dungeon as an archer alone, yet late game build with reach and Hollowbone arrows, why not, for skeleton bosses and thag.
Now, catching the opportunity I will call @Xevyr here to give me a solution for the group of blue skeletons that attack you in the final stage :wink:.

Just RUN up to the end. The thrall will teleport. Kill those skeletons near the last room. Kill Thag. Then, instead of exiting, clear the dungeon strategically from the end to the beginning. If you see yourself in trouble, run back to where you already cleared it and heal the thrall. But I doubt you can kill Thag and its minions with a bow, even with a thrall. If you succeed, let me know. :wink:

2 Likes

Archery is way easier than it was, way easier. The most difficult fight for the ā€œremove braceletā€ story was the volcano fight. It was very difficult for me to kill all these minions. If you play as an archer right now you get almost no damage, but it takes a lot of time to finish something! Still, I played all this low gear, not high gear. Hollowbone arrows with the reach of the red mother do a lot damage. Or the quivering arrows, or, or, or. I went in these fights with a dragon bone bow that I took from a volcano archer lvl 1 and steel arrows plus ivory. To the minions I was using iron arrows :rofl::rofl::rofl:.
I will do it my friend and I will let you know :wink:.

2 Likes

There are three bows that do 1 damage. Fling Shot, Frenzied Bow, and Twice-Upon-An-Arrow.

Iā€™m not really sure what the gimmicks of Flingshot or Frenzied Bow are. Flingshot has durability so low, it looks like it might break just from equipping it.

Twice-Upon-An-Arrow, however, is particularly potent as a thrall clubber, as it fires two arrows simultaneously.

All three are Siptah weapons though.

3 Likes

Here it goes @MarcosC :blush:.
A late game build
I have the reach of the red mother, khari light Raider set, nightstalkers mask ,400 dragon bone arrows, 200 Hollowbone arrows, 50 pork feast and 20 potions.
I went there ghost and God and as you see I removed them before the fight

A super easy fight, super easy!
It was more difficult to kill the minions than thag himself!
In order to kill the minions you need to light shot all the time, make rounds, eat to gain stamina faster and light shots again. This means that you consume a lot of arrows :confused:.
I used only Hollowbone on thag and dragon bone on minions.
It took 75 arrows on minions and 56 on thag. Less than 10 minutes fight, no stressful at all, I didnā€™t have to bother for my thralls safety and I used zero potions, the minions and thag barely touched me :man_shrugging:.

Archery my friend was and is a late game build. Now however you can start from zero level to be an archer!
The only boundary? Arrows!
Thatā€™s why I ask to gain them back, no other reason!
Not all of them, but an 80% at least would be awesome.
Not in pvp, in pve only please :pray:t6:

2 Likes

The ones that spawn as part of the boss-fight? If youā€™re fast enough you can ignore them and run around, they die when the boss does on their own. Otherwise though, those arenā€™t really bow-only compatibleā€¦ a katana will eat them stillā€¦ (until the incoming nerf in chapter 2)

I have noticed something odd on that fight thoughā€¦ I died a few times from the area effect when I was 100% sure I wasnā€™t standing in itā€¦ eventually I killed the boss, but I had no idea what was that all aboutā€¦
Later on thinking about it I realized probably what is happening is that if you kill the boss too fast to where heā€™s at half HP by the time he does the first volley of AoEā€¦ heā€™ll stack both of them, but only show effects for one of them so you get invisible spots that do full damage.

I didnā€™t go back since to test that theory, but Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s something like that and definitely worth remembering :smiley: so take your time with him hahaha

2 Likes

@Xevyr If you read the post above yours youā€™ll see how it can happen extremely easy :rofl::rofl::rofl:.
The minions fall a bit harder than the boss and itā€™s good to kill them because they are fast and many. If they block you you are as good as dead, so itā€™s better to take 5 min and kill them all, no big deal.
My reference to you was for the conversation about using gas arrows for multiple damage! Skeletons are out of any Menu since exploding arrows do not damage a lot in pve, plus you must not piss in a terrain you are going to step really soon :rofl::rofl::rofl:.
Thanks for posting m8, what do you think about the suggestion?

Thatā€™s very cool!

1 Like

Thatā€™s why usually I donā€™t even mind them and go for Thag. Didnā€™t know it was possible defeating him with a bow though. This opens some interesting avenuesā€¦

1 Like

Sadly Iā€™ve no idea where flingshot is found, I asked it before here but no one answered 20 dura is absurd.

The 1 health damage bows like twice upon one arrow canā€™t be crafted, unless Iā€™m missing somethingā€¦ I canā€™t find themā€¦ but I can make the epic versions (5-7 damage).

The Twice Upon one arrow and frenzied canā€™t officially be obtained on Exiled lands.

The epic version of that bow with like 5 damage can easily kill named thralls before theyā€™re knocked outā€¦ unless you have armour potions and food buffs (which makes archery more annoying, you donā€™t have to re-gear using truncheons, why should this be the case for blunted arrows?).

1 Like

@prologue1337.
One thing I understand on Siptah and @Talyna helped on this one is that some items are there to be delved, not to be used. Except the rng madness of Grey pools (good luck), since the recipes there have no bottom, your skeleton keys must be used on Siptah gear reveals, not on the classic legendaries! Still you can delve legendaries and gain recipes tooā€¦ Siptah has multiple redskins of weapons that end up with the same damage, yet one weapon from these sets and not particularly the same set will be very uniqueā€¦
Itā€™s madness, nobody feels in. Siptah like exile lands! Too many of the same, with luck for only guidance ends up a bit tiresome :confused:.

2 Likes

See? :slight_smile: I kept saying it that itā€™s way more viable now than it ever was :slight_smile:
Iā€™ve been recommending archer builds for ā€œscaredyā€ people from the moment 3.0 hitā€¦ (By scaredy I mean people who generally prefer not to go into fights and previously had their thralls do all the work while they watched - now their thrall can tank for them with the authority perk just fine while they can do insane damage from afar)

As for your above fight, sure enough this was a bow-only challenge, though I typically have a katana on me so getting blocked by NPCs is not an issue as you can dash through them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Xevyr
Try it to understand! Go to single player and start this session, to play only archer and gain levels only from archery! Not because you build something, or you grind something, just from archery.
Fix your first bow in your inventory, go to the goat and gain a better bow and if you are lucky, farm a truncheon and slave a lvl 1 archer in volcano to gain the dragon bone bow. Then grind all the chests to gain your bows to do your sessions, or kill elephants if you can to farm ivory and fix proper arrows. With all the other weapons you can do it, you can play as a pure exile! With bow you cannot do it easily! The reason will always be the ammo, itā€™s expensive!

I wouldā€¦ however I havenā€™t really had time to play lately :smiley: Working on my new mod so I havenā€™t even logged into the real game since the last small update

1 Like

This is so difficult and yet so admiral! Some people spend so much time to fix mods for the game they love and they end up not playing their beloved game :confused:. Thanks for whatever you are doing and I hope soon enough youā€™ll find time to relax and play . Maybe I wonā€™t be able to enjoy your mod but I am pretty certain that youā€™ll make a lot fellow exiles happy :+1:t6:.

Yes! :smiley: Though most of my mods were small things done in a few hours / days so I didnā€™t miss much, this one though started out as a small tiny nothing, but itā€™s grown into a much larger project than anticipated :smiley: Weā€™re at the point where itā€™s too late to turn back lol so might as well finish it even if Iā€™m lazy.
But I agree with the notion that a lot of modders donā€™t end up actually playing the game as much, though to be fair I have played CE a lot before jumping into these and atm messing around with modding is also fun.

Anyway, hereā€™s a sneak-peek:

1 Like

I completely forgot that! :smile:

1 Like

Is the goat bow really low RNG or something? I used to get it a lot on xbox and since Iā€™ve come to PS I havenā€™t seen it once! I just have to kill the goats right? Any goat?

1 Like

One of the sacrifices one makes for obtaining vast amounts of knowledge and secrets mere mortals cannot comprehend.

Before long youā€™ll be flagellating yourself as a server administrator.

:rofl:

2 Likes