I give up - good luck with the PVP game

Before you quit find someone with a private server. Be strong Friend.

It is not a 5 man dungeon. Multiple people have ran that dungeon at level 60, with relic hunter, healing arrows to run it. I did it 3 times in 1 hour, and my thrall only had epic armor and a dragon bone spear until the loot drop off the first boss, then he had that weapon (forgot off hand). I had havoc and malice, a db spear and medium armor. Never got below half health for me, and thrall never below 75%.
Because you refuse to play that way does not make it a 5 man dungeon. Period. Factual. It is your opinion that it is a 5 man dungeon.

I could say it is not fair when as a group we kill a OG world boss and we get 1 freaking key. Only 1 weapon. that is some bs there. I helped, where is my key? These damn solo player loot bosses are ruining the game.

2 Likes

Now I actually feel bad. Sorry to see you go.

TBH, arguing fact vs opinion is taking longer than me and my thrall soling the dungeon. I think i will just go do that instead of arguing with a severely biased person.

I really respect your commitment to the Single Player game.

I have spent the last two months on an Official PvP server doing all the things one does with the aid of nothing more than a T4 Bearer. You’re saying I will not make it through Warmaker like I do through everything else?

How is Ignasis biased? He is the one that said it is a dungeon for parties, and parties typically means 4 people.

1 Like

I wasn’t talking to you. I was talking to WhatMightHaveBeen. He said he didn’t want to waste time with someone who was biased by claiming the dungeon was party-focused.

I was just pointing out that Ignasis, the Community Support guy, literally called it a Dungeon for Parties in his very first post in the announcement thread.

2 Likes

I recall that.

Okay, I’mma risk sticking my neck out here.

#1: I’m sorry you feel this way.
#2: Obligatory “can I have your stuff?”.
#3: Funcom just put out 2 big PvE content patches–the Underwater City and Warmaker’s. I’ve run both of these with just 1 friend of mine, each of us using 1 thrall. This is on a PvP-enabled server, so friendly fire was a concern.
#4: I feel like part of your issue may be the recent “nerf” to the Lifeblood Spear. That thing was overpowered and you know it. I watched a lvl 60 with the 3rd rank in Vitality go from damn-near dead to fully healed in seconds using it; this would seem to render PvP a game of “have vs have not”, while simultaneously removing a significant amount of threat from PvE. Let. It. Go.

Maybe you’re burned out, OP. Maybe it’s something else. Beats me. In any event, have a good life, and hope you find a game that meets your criteria. Ciao.

2 Likes

I never even had a LBS, but it is the poster child for killing PVE for the sake of PVP.

I suggested multiple ways to nerf it for the sake of PVP without killing it in PVE. Other people suggested making it have a vampire effect (absorb the damage you do as health) instead of it being a regen. Any one of these would have been a better option than what we actually got.

Funcom just didn’t care about the PVE players’ concerns because the PVP players were happy. So I never used it, but the mindset behind the nerf, on top of the nerfs that actually did affect me, played into my decision to quit. I was always open about that.

The nerf to lifeblood was just an addition to the list of changes that detract from PvE. I played the game happily for a year before the lifeblood spear even existed. They’ve also nerfed vit 3 to virtual uselessness. You are now required to stock an enormous supply of consumables, and wait, without engaging in combat to regen. It killed immersion for me honestly. You’re better off just cheesing the game with arrows and a thrall

This is all PvP based change. No one on PvE had any problem with vit 3 or the spear. If I grind for hours for this weapon, a legendary item, why should it not make a meaningful improvement to my character?

4 Likes

I made that dungeon so often and the only places I died, was Arena champion ( i was greedy) and from a jumping trap

I made that dungeon so often, so that I even know which boss drops which weapon!!

Only the first time, I was with a clan-mate. But since then solo with my volcano thrall

So who gives a damn what Ignasis said if you need more people? Make it multiple times
 Its not hard. I found Sunken city more “harder” or lets say annoying, than Warmaker. Some bosses have sooo much health and are hitting really hard.
Arena champion hits harder, but has no big health pool and the Warmaker champion doesnt hit so hard and has more health than Arena champion, but way less than some fish-bosses

1 Like

The most recent ones would be the nerfs to Sword of Crom and the Lifeblood Spear. It took myself and others months to farm these items. Now they are all but worthless.

How? By calling for nerfs when when the going gets too tough, instead of learning to adapt and finding workable solutions. Thats how. You say you are PvE players with an extra layer on top? Right now certain PvP players are destroying the integrity of the matress to make the satin quilt look better.

Cauthey the reason why Aria is ‘upset’ is because many of the recent nerfs which have ‘
balanced
’ PvP have rendered items which took weeks, months to obtain worthless, and have created much more grind in our modes. But there is a sheer indifference to us when we call attention to this, which borders on outright contempt. There seems to be a ‘suck it up and take one for the team mindset’ directed towards PvE and Singleplayers as of late, and we are growing tired of being the ones who have do the adapting all of the time. We then get mocked and ridiculed if we dare voice any discontent to this. The Poll shows 7 out of 10 users are tired of the constant nerfs. Maybe its time this was acknowledged, and the majority was listened to for a change.

@Aria_of_Sorrow. I urge you to hang around and see if the next update looks more favourably on us in the wake of the landslide victory in the Poll. However, if you are determined to leave now I understand, and will miss you. I remember a time when you werent this negative. Like myself and other users such as @Shadoza and @Larathiel you love the game, but are just frustrated because Funcom will not acknowdge our concerns on this, and is making strategic decisions based on feedback which goes against the wishes of the majority. Anyway, you are a likeminded soul and a good friend who I have so often found myself in agreement with. Stay or leave, it has been a pleasure.

(Faithful stands on a tall rock, stares at Aria approvingly, then belows the ‘By Crom’ emote as a grand gesture)

3 Likes

I have to respectfully disagree here. I used to use a primary Strength build, until a clanmate told me about Vitality 3. I respecced, and it completely changed my gameplay. It’s a huge difference, even to this day. Consumables are huge only until you reach that third perk. I can get into a tough fight, come out by the skin of my teeth, stuff a piece of fish into my mouth (because let’s be honest, I’m probably hungry anyway), and within a minute or two I’m back at my fighting prime. Unless Vitality 3 used to provide some sort of Wolverine-level regeneration, I can’t see where the nerf was.

Oh, and if it matters, I’m a dedicated carebear. PvE only, tyvm.

This states it perfectly.

I already let everything I had built decay to nothing, and I uninstalled the game Saturday. I was ready to leave before that, but I wanted to give myself a cooling off period, so I decided to wait the full two week decay timer.

If they had shown any love for PVE in that time, I told myself I would log back on to refresh the timers and give it another shot. So it all decayed, and I don’t have anything else tying me to the game.

Sadly, that last Saturday that I played, I saw massive bases that absolutely dwarfed mine had disappeared from the same PVE server as well. I set up multiple public map rooms myself, and I remember this one base specifically because I would always use their public elevators and map room, so I didn’t set up my own map room in that area. That Saturday it was just gone.

Vitality 3 is only worth using for healing chip damage. It’s really not worth speccing into unless you are planning to go all the way to Vit 4.

1 Like

Anyone of these nerfs by themselves wouldn’t have. It is the waves of nerfs that is the problem. More and more are coming in that make PVE content worse or even useless. There are better ways to handle the balancing but Funcom does not seem to care. If it makes the PVP players who are whining stop, then they seem perfectly content with that alone.

And yeah, it’s more than just two items.

They just nerfed the SoC, and they added in a new sword that looks cooler (imo) and is even better, which you can farm from the new dungeon, but why would I bother farming it? It is much better than the SoC, and players can actually use it too.

If the SoC was so terribly overpowered that it had to be nerfed into the ground, what chance does the new sword have at not meeting the same fate. Knowing that, why would I waste the time even running the Dungeon to try to get it?

1 Like

Then try taking off your tinted glasses. PvP players are constantly whining. I’m not claiming PvE players don’t but if you really thing it’s only one “side” that is doing it you are mental.

As for Aria, if you want to leave the game then leave. This very post shows you have no intention to leave you just want to ■■■■■ and get attention. By all means, leave. And no, not because you are a PvE player (I myself am a PvE player) but because you are clearly unhappy with the game in it’s current state. Why put yourself threw the experience of playing a game you are not happy with?

1 Like

Then you are truly just a troll. Do everyone a favor and crawl back under your bridge.

3 Likes

come on guys

do not make this goodbye last longer
 Aria is master in disagreeing with everyone.

Aria have fun whatever u choose to spent money/time/effort to! bb m8

3 Likes

You are missing the ability to think critically and anticipate future events.

They nerfed a Sword because it was allegedly too strong, and they simultaneously introduced a Sword that is even stronger.

If you take half a second to think about it, all evidence would indicate that farming the new, second Sword will be a waste of time because it will end up being nerfed just like the first Sword was.

Why do you think these things were nerfed in the first place? PVP players were constantly on here whining about the SoC, LBS, and spears in general.

1 Like