I got a CE problem I need to solve before Friday

If FUncom is so intent on slaving us to our PCs every 7 days, some day they will figure out why folks do not return.

1 Like

While I understand that life isn’t always easy and things get in the way, I do not think they’re asking for too much to ask you to simply start the game up, log in, run over to your place for a minute or two, and refresh your timer every seven days. It keeps their official servers from becoming over cluttered with buildings and puts a limit on how many troll buildings can be built and maintained on a server. Imagine if they gave you a month? So many buildings would wind up getting built just to keep others away.

1 Like

Read the entire thread, and you will see this is not an instance of the OP just trying to troll refresh. He has a legit reason he can’t get home to his PC and log in to refresh the timers. He is actaully asking for solutions that can help avoid the stress next time. There are plenty of other forum thread to discuss the decay timer.

And I don’t know if it’s showing, but I’m replying to Hyborian who was talking about ‘slaving us to our games every 7 days’ :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: I had nothing to respond to the OP itself, cause it sounded… according to what I read, like he found a solution… even if I might not have said anything about sharing Steam info on the forum… doing it is one thing, but some things shouldn’t be talked about openly xD.

A friend of mine did the rounds and refreshed the public maprooms, bridges, and my HQ today :smiley:

Safe, until the 14th.

First thing I’ll do when I get back home is set up Parsec and research 4G mobile internet rentals for my Italy vacation x)

2 Likes

Wouldn’t your regular package be valid in Italy? After the EU basically ordered telecommunication companies to stop trolling their customers with ridiculous roaming tariffs when abroad, all providers (in my country at least) offer some or all of one’s package as “valid in the EU”. Not sure if it applies elsewhere, but I would have thought it would be a case of “you take care of ours we’ll take care of yours”.

Worth researching anyway :slight_smile:

Oida!

(The EU is good for something!)

2 Likes

Think so… My carrier is 3.
They have “3-like-home” internet thingy here in HK.
I never really looked into carriers that closely, cuz I really only got a phone so my relatives and colleagues can pester me at their leisure (there needs to be EU regulations that protect gamers from being called during raid hours), so never really cared about roaming as local was all I needed.

Now that I actually need a proper network since I became a Brunsfotze for Funcom’s decay timer, I need to look into this.

Thanks for the heads up on the actually helpful EU regulation.

And Oida! I was just talking to my oida foda about how I approved of the data protection compliance that the EU implemented. We were talking about how everything is being digitized in China without data protection laws: “I don’t want to agree to pay a taxi everyday with my mobile phone to have taxi advertisements delivered to my home.”

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.