I got raided by flyers and theres zero defense against this

What playing the game is a waste of time? What do you do to play the game? Do you not go out gather thralls, materials, build and fight? Cause…if not, you’ve found something new to do.

If you’re talking about my method of NOT letting idiots get to us and keep bouncing back? LOL. Jokes on you then. We’re still here enjoying the game and they’ve all quit. Well, at least my server. Because while they kept raiding empty bases and killing thralls we built up 1200 dragon powder and wiped them clean and didn’t take one piece of “loot”. We just left it there to decay. There is nothing another clan has that we need that we can’t just craft or get ourselves. IMO, raiding is just being an asshat. Unless they’ve done something to you, we think it’s pointless. Which is why we never attack unless provoked. We do like to fight other players but even that loot we do not take. Again…pointless. I mean, do I really need his 1,000 aloe when we have 20,000 at base? No. Do I really need his weapon which I can just craft? Nope. Looting is just stupid. The battle…THAT was fun but taking their stuff which, I already have…dumb

2 Likes

So no ones got any ideas on how to actually stop a whole group of guys just steam rolling your base by flying over it then?

@Momentai1018 Build in a cave or make the top of your base a big kill box with no where to stand to cheese thralls. I wouldn’t trust archers ai alone to defend your base. Make it so if they drop down they will get destroyed. Unfortunately means for pillar bases you are somewhat forced to make a flat top base with no anti treb

The only reliable way , is to be there and shoot them down yourself. :grimacing:

You could try fighting back maybe? I mean the point of pvp is to fight right? Not haul up in a bunker and rely on thick walls? They nerfed thralls to encourage you to get more involved. Plus losing your stuff is the whole point of pvp right? Otherwise, play PvE.

i would say archers that have good AI.

1 Like

This actually sounds cool.

1 Like

Well, if youre alone vs a whole gang of them, I dunno, it does sound like youre supposed to be up **** creek?

If we can shoot them to make the bats drop the pilot to their deaths, that could be a thing. I seriously doubt AI archers can handle that tho.

EDIT:
" Fixed fortifications are a monument to the stupidity of man."

• General Patton
4 Likes

Sir, I play official pvp servers. Every single base on every server builds the same way if they want to survive, you’d be hard pressed to find anyone who has base defenses or tactics against flyers atm. Which is the reason for the post. Come up with a real, logical strategy for defending against multiple raiders just dropping on top of your base and blowing everything to hell while slaying your thralls. What preventative tactics would you have used to stop an assault that you never saw coming? Its a real question.

1 Like

I believe the quote from the lead designer was “I look forward to seeing how players figure out how to defend against this”

:joy:

6 Likes

I know you have a real question there mate. Can I come back to my initial answer? I would pick up my sword, grab a health potion, take a deep breath and jump out of my hiding spot and start swinging. What else do you want from PvP?

1 Like

@Mbeat Real lack of experience is showing

@Momentai1018 i suggest you take my advice

Again, that’s the point with PvP. I played PvP as a loner and lost a lot of overwhelming fights and odds. But I understand how it works. I just pressed on. If you don’t like the PvP thing, switch to PvE. Am I not saying it right? Lol.

He’s asking a base defense question. Your answer is to leave base and fight does not solve his issue.

Question how to defend against players flying to the top of your base or ice bridge.

Am I saying that right?

2 Likes

I haven’t misunderstood his question. As he rightly pointed out, there appears to be no defence strategy as it stands right now. My answer was apt because it is appropriate to confront and fight in PvP. Offence is defence as they say.

Lol

Good feedback, OP.

2 Likes

I get that engaging them in PvP currently is probably the only solution, which considering the game format is unfortunate. I know people dont like to compare games, but Ark has PvP raiding down compared to Conan. Conan has a structure entirely dedicated to castle siege, this being The Purge. This is supposed to be a non optional aspect of the game, you must build a base to defend against the purge. NPC or Player its no different, with this current update, Conan has zero effective base defense if I happen to be offline or away from base during raid hours. Ark has full time PVP, nonstop raids, but you have effective base defenses. In my case, being online was absolutely useless against 4 flyers. I stood no chance. There was no effective way to combat these players aside from direct PvP, but the fact remains my base was doomed before they hit the ground. If I need 60 archers to be able to defend against flyers, then they need to consider increasing thrall cap on official servers.

1 Like

This is a really bad way to look at it… if everyone thought like this. No one would ever get past sandstone :clown_face:

And besides. If you’re raiding on update day. Then you’re trash. Plain and simple. You’re only doing it because you know it will be buggy and there’s a good chance no one will be on to defend because they’re updating. FC needs to turn off the raid times for a day or so when they update the game

5 Likes