I love Conan, but it’s not a PvP game

You could run, throw orbs, arrows, throwing axes and javelins. And with the new arrow changes, you will be able to shoot tar arrows to slow enemies down. And then all of the weapons have a combo chain that can be stringed together. The one handed sword and daggers light combo is a great ground closer for example.

I’ve used both. Gportal has an easier to use GUI. But GTX has some pretty nifty features. One of which the server owner setup a script to check for mod updates, if it finds one it alerts the server that it will be restarted in 5 min, updates the mods that needs it after shutting down and restarts. If it doesn’t find one, it does nothing.

GTX is worth the little extra IMO.

1 Like

@Mango I totally get what your saying, except those moves only work in theory. I’ve fought bot with and agaonst the short swords, axe, javelin, the whole nine yards. You can always just scoot on by like you’re walking in the park. Also another crazy exploit is that if you can trap someone where they ave to climb, gas orbs are their demise. Or the cold (also a way ive won battles with people twice my level).

And when you have a jerk like me trapping you with sandstone so i can gass you, the pvp sucks. And when you ARE me and the only way you can land a hit on a good player is by pulling shenanigans, the pvp sucks.

I get mechanics are there for ranged attacks. DONT tell me they work though.

1 Like

@Ceronesthes Ive gotta agree with you, even if I don’t want to. It would be a little different with just a little more use of skill in the combat system, or just a small advancement of the thralls.

At best, combat turns into two good fighters worlds of levels apart wind up walking in circles around eachother, while all of your friends do the same thing. The only way to kill eachother is cheap tricks, which at youre own base is simple and i do say fun to do, or wait until theyre offline, completely nuke theyre T3 walls with crazy stacking abilities on orbs and bombs, and smqsh all of their stuff that you dont need, since you already have everything ever at level 55.

Its fun, just not for long. And closing ground in combat is the major flaw. It just has to happen to make the combat in pvp fun and rewarding.

And just as a disclaimer, THIS IS THE BEST GAME I’VE EVER SEEN!! Please dont take my criticism as complaint. I’m not about to “give up on the game” all because the developers arent actual wizards who can do the seemingly impossible. Im glad we have a forum to report what we find unbalanced!

Remember, there are 5 versions of DnD…

1 Like

PVP was fine for me on official server like a few weeks ago, now everyone is teleporting 10meters at a time. Also plenty of rubberbanding.

1 Like

If I had any sort of confidence that decay would eventually work differently in official PVP than it does on official PVE, then I would. But I don’t think that’ll ever be the case.

Yes, you are. You just won’t admit it, for some strange reason.

I honestly don’t care much if you listen, but I do care that a diverse range of viewpoints are presented.

Sure I am. It seems to me that you’re the one wanting to change things to fit (your view of) the PVP scene. There’s nothing wrong with that, incidentally. You’re entitled to your opinion. But you’re not allowed to tell me mine is invalid.

1 Like

They doooooooooooo. Oh man. They do. Getting a SM throwing axe of javy at you succcccccccccks. Gives your cripple and everything and they are thrown so fast. Just make about 4 or 5 of them.

1 Like

When you won’t go check out the pvp side of the game and only try to balance the game around your wants and needs on your server. What else is everyone here supposed to think then?

Explain to me the decay thing. The decay should be both the exact same as it is on a pve or a pvp server if it is official.

And I really am not guessing man. You won’t even get up and log on and just play around for a hour and explore to see what I am talking about. Meanwhile I have played on RP, PVE, PVP and PVE-C servers. Yes the changes sucks for a solo person but only if that person has like 300 freaking thralls by themselves. You can easily get around that by playing with someone. Join a clan. Not use thralls(shocker I know but funcom isn’t forcing your arm to make you get them) Every amount of complaints from the pve crowd essentially is I don’t want to the play the game. Don’t make me play the game.

1 Like

Me in PVP in any game I wouldn`t take advantage of someone that is rubberbanding and has lag issues as me I usually like my opponents to have a fair chance of winning.

No-one here is supposed to take MY word for it. But check the recent poll. The vast majority (80% or so) agree with me. In fact, most are far more extreme than I am in what they want the decay timer to be (14 days or more, whereas I prefer 10 days). So you see, I am actually trying to balance my preference (being able to take a week-long vacation or business trip) with that of other players.

Well at least we agree that official servers are not going to see different decay timers. Hence this topic’s relevance to me.

You totally ARE guessing when you state that non-decaying structures are the be-all, end-all reason we’re seeing poor performance, and if only it would be turned further down everything would be awesome. But you’re right, I’m not going to spend precious gaming time logging into a server-type I have no interest in. We’ve already established why I have a legitimate interest in this subject since it directly impacts my preferred playstyle, too.

Actually, they are. I use a very limited amount of thralls - and the other night I got offline purged. Lost parts of my base. The only solution? Use more thralls. So the game IS effectively forcing me to use thralls.

Now you’re just being absurd. Also factually wrong, but nothing new about that. It’s amusing that you continually try to reduce my argument to “not caring about other playstyles”, when it’s demonstrably the other way around.

2 Likes

You completely left out the part where I said I have and do play on all 3 types of game modes and you are only focused on one.

And look, yes. I was wrong. From the video the guy said the decay has little to do with server performance. So yeah. But for the thralls and then just having lots of abandoned bases dotted around that take forever to go away makes it hard for newer people to join and build now.

But I will say that I know I am being absurd but that really is what it boils down into. Maybe not you Mikey, but others all I have seen or hear from them is just how they don’t have the time or the desire to want to go farm and feed the thralls. I mean, not even 2 days after the drop they changed it now to where your thralls can eat anything and ontop of that they increased the food decay timer for stuff and why that might be a victory for you it is a loss for me.

Now people will still be able to just keep 5 or 6 bases full of thralls still by only having to farm up for about a hour every other week or so to make gruel to keep all their thralls happy and fed.

Well, yes. I didn’t see the relevance. PVE and PVP players both have an interest in the decay timer. Official servers are not going to have different settings for the two - so it hardly matters whether someone plays one or the other or both.

Abandoned bases and thralls will eventually go away. If they don’t, they’re not abandoned. That, I think, cannot be questioned. You’re right that I don’t have first-hand experience of what the turnover rate is on a PVP server, but you guys have a tool we simply don’t have on PVE: Raze offending structures to the ground.

It is a victory for me and anyone with obligations who wants to play the game, but don’t want to have to play every single day or risk losing everything. Now I know you will probably say “go play on a private server”, but honestly that’s not how it works. Officials offer certain things no private server does, namely a guarantee of a level playing field and no power-tripping admins, and they “belong” to everyone, so we are all allowed a say in how we think they should work. The call is, at the end of the day, of course Funcom’s, and ultimately it does come down to “take it or leave it”, but while decisions are still being made, we should definitely let them know what we think. I fail to see what’s bad about that.

That remains to be seen, I think. If you’re right, then that’s too far in the other direction. But to the best of my knowledge, numbers are still being tweaked, and their impact on servers judged.

In that otherwise cringe-worthy interview posted somewhere, Joel mentioned how they were hoping this would push people towards having fewer thralls, which in turn would allow them to buff each one somewhat. That would be a change I’d welcome tremendously.

Yes, which is exactly why I bring my concerns up with what I can see and forecast and work around and short cuts now during the testing period so they can tweak it and make it balanced for all. There will always be a happy medium.

I will say though that could be any official either. You could come into the server and have a clan be running every one out and blocking off all the key build spots and keeping huge sections of territory blocked off. It doesn’t really matter if it is the admin or not. I am sorry you have encountered a few crappy admins in the past but who here hasn’t? We fought against a hacker on my server and it took us a month of non stop complaning about it to funcom for them to send a guy over to check it out. Meanwhiles that would be resolved in a scant few days on a private. Just go look for the privates that are full of people. Guaranteed that the community there is happy with the admins and it is fair. If you go play on one with only 3 or 4 people playing on it ever then yeah, you are probably going to be walking into some sort of power abuse most likely.

Take a long look at the Database Management System.
Compare that with the DBMS of an MMO.

If the coders are as bright as we hope they are, they’ll figure out how to make a non-proprietary DBMS that was meant for Mobile Apps (and record keeping) work for a taxed MP game on Consoles and PCs.

Risky off topic this -short - 100% agree with Sooden’s text.

Sooden. Well thats s a "different name btw, ill remember it for sure :wink:

Dunno why i post to say that but i do., i have no control over it.

Id did click the love heart thingy button too, but no second base implied with that., jus sayin.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.