I'm having issues with the game crashing after learning all spells then losing all of the spells when I reload

When I learned all the spells the game crashes then when I reload they are gone and I can’t release them and before anyone says anything no I didn’t use yellow lotus this is a crash related bug every time this happens the only way I found i could relearn the spells is to create a new character and that is a lot of work to get back to where I was

2 Likes

Greetings Exile,

Thank you for reaching out. Can you share with us which game mode were you playing on?

If it was on an Official server, please share the server number.

What’s the last spell you can learn before experiencing the crash?

We await your reply.

1 Like

I always play single player usually offline I learned all spells and then the game crashed when I tried to reload it said corrupted save and I had to start a new character to relearn the spells and then it repeated but when I don’t bother with the sorcery part of the game I don’t have any issues with corrupted saves

1 Like

Maybe you guys can look into it and try to patch this out in a future update

1 Like

Greetings,

Thank you for the additional information. By any chance, have you tried to leave the console connected to the internet while playing on Singleplayer and performing the same steps to learn sorcery?

We await your reply.

1 Like

I think I’ll try a guest account and see if it happens again I’m on ps4

1 Like

Technically I was online but I always considered single player to be offline since it is solo

Greetings,

Thank you for letting us know. We will ask our team to investigate this matter.

Have a good day! :slight_smile:

1 Like

My dear fellow exile @Supertiger34 use afmin mode and spawn the tomes of kurak in the thaumaturgy bench!
Fix a thaumaturgy bench and leave these tomes inside just for this reason, until your problem will be solved!

If you don’t know how to do it, let me know so I will send photos with directions how to do it.

1 Like

Sometimes I’m a visual learner it would help me a bit if you send pictures thank you.

1 Like

I am the same :rofl::rofl::rofl:, that’s why I suggest it, I log in my single player and send you directions the best I can :+1:t6:.

So, press the option button and go to settings

Press the X button on settings and go to server settings

On server settings press 2 times X button and you are admin now

Now press circle button and wait a few seconds. You will be lead to your options menu but you will have 2 additional options
1 Admin panel
2 Enter creative mode
Press X on the creative mode and go to your thaumaturgy bench. You will see all the recipes there waiting for you :wink:.

You don’t need to farm the materials again! You just press options again, but first exit the bench inventory, press Admin panel, and go to the search bar top right

Press X to the search bar and then type the starting of what you search.
I typed just tome, pressed R2 and I gain what I was searching. I pressed X on the item and I gain it!

This way you can spawn all the materials you need for making the rituals again. It’s a bit annoying but it’s the only workaround I can suggest my fellow exile. After all I am just a player too, that’s all I can give :blush:.
I hope I helped!

1 Like

I looked into my issue further and I still have the spells but I can only see the ones in casting menu but not in the knowledge menu or crafting stations. Just so you know what to look for in your investigation on the matter.

I admin spawned the keystone and started over with just the first two spells and stayed with the first two so far so good. I think it’s one or more of the advanced spells causing it

Good luck, open them all slowly and please let us know which is the one that cause you the issues! Hopefully I wish you ain’t going to find this out and from now on you will play normally :+1:t6:

1 Like

I have a guest account on my ps4 for finding game issues

I’ll be testing the spells over the next few days to find the one causing me problems. I’m not sure but I believe it is the last tome you get. I will be testing my theory.

1 Like

I think it’s a rare issue because it hasn’t happened in a couple of days.

1 Like

This is a bit embarrassing but I found out what happened. I selected exit game but before the main menu could load I closed the application and that’s what happened

So in a way I seemingly forced the game to crash