Immeidate crash on black scren , updated every software and reinstalled games

online public, crash, us, game launch

game gives the error code of 0x877A0020
unreal engine is exiting due to d3d device being lost
my friend bought the game for me, no mods it immediately crashes on first launch,i’ve updated drivers, windows updates, completely reinstalling and validating files, we’ve also tried launch parameters such as -d3d11, i would just like some help getting this working i’ve had over 100 mins of straight error messages the only thing i haven’t tried is downgrading my graphics drivers, as my nvidia drivers gave me a error message when trying to downgrade., i have 16gb of ram , a ryzen 3600 cpu, and a gtx 950 and driver version 445.75

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:
1.launch game
2. wait for connan screen to disappear
3.before title screen it crashes to black. with the error message posted above

Laptop? Start with making sure your dedicated video card is being used by default when the game is being ran.

nope, custom built desktop.

i made sure it specifically used that card and it still does so… any ideas?

There are various hits for your specific error message using a search engine across several games. I would look there next.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.