Inspired by the “Suggestions for in game” thread. Really, the only thing I think we actually need (or at least the only thing I seem to think is missing), is a friend system.
Currently all I see when you meet someone in-game is “Invite To Clan” and of course that should stay. But, what about “Add Friend” or maybe even “Make Alliance”? There needs to be that option in the same wheel IMO - especially for PvE!
I think the default behavior for a friend or ally once added is that they can see/track your character dot on the map. Only that. Then there ought to be client settings for:
- Allow Character Tracking (On/Off) [Default: On]
- See Your Bed Rolls And Bed (On/Off) [Default: Off]
- Open gates and doors (On/Off) [Default: Off]
- See Storage Contents (On/Off) [Default: Off]
- See Bench Contents (On/Off) [Default: Off]
- Add Contents To Storage (On/Off) [Default: Off]
- Remove Contents From Storage (On/Off) [Default: Off]
- Allow Followers To Follow (not place!!) (On/Off) [Default: Off]
- Allow Operation Of Crafting Facilities (On/Off) [Default: Off]
- Allow Building On Your Land (On/Off) [Default: Off]
- Allow Deconstruction On Your Land (On/Off) [Default: Off]
- No Damage (On/Off) - [for PvP] [Default: On?]
- And maybe some others I’m not thinking of…
Mainly just seeing and tracking other friend’s character dots is what I think is missing. Probably the number one chat exchange is “Where are you?”, “I’m at J-9” and maybe number two is “Going (whatever) hunting at (this or that) location - let’s join up there - anyone?”. So many events in this game are best played with others and I believe the VAST majority of clans are single member clans that this is something sorely needed! At least IMO. I can even see this working in PVP where smaller and single member clans are continually getting clobbered by larger groups. Although I’ve never played in PvP mode so maybe I’m talking out my butt on that one?
Anyway, yeah, “Friend Requests” should be a thing IMO and I sorely miss not having them available. Or maybe I’m such a n00b that they’re there and I just dunno how??