Infinite stacking regeneration buff from Entertainers/Dancers

Game mode: Online private
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvP | PvE-Conflict
Region: EU

After the Riders of Hyboria update i have noticed this aggravating bug. I have noticed that the “Entertained” buff that players get from dancer thralls lingers on them even after leaving their AoE range (4 foundation range if the CE wiki is correct). Furthermore, the buff also stacks with itself. It ramps up much faster if 2 or more thralls are placed closer together, getting the player faster to Entertained x10 but it keeps over-stacking with itself even after that. Ran two test, both regarding T3 Dancer thralls. 2 T3 Dancers can stack the effect in less than 10 minutes to where the Entertained buff (even though it goes away from the stats screen) persists on a player in regards to increased health regeneration to ludicrous levels, reaching a healing rate that can provide 20+ hp/s health regen even long after leaving the general area of the dancers and going far away from the base. The bug also persists through entering dungeons via loadscreens and reloging. Only a bracelet removal, getting killed by an enemy (hard to achieve with OP heals from the bug) or a server restart can fix it.

Same story with only one T3 thrall, although it can take significantly longer to achieve the OP healing over-stack due to the player having to stand next to the dancer for longer, but it is still doable.

The other variable in my testing was that i did have 30 vitality for the natural health regen perk.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Put at least 30 points into vitality for the passive health regen perk (i don’t know if this counts toward the general bahavior of the bug, but it is what i’ve tested with).
  2. Place down at least 2 (two) Tier 3 Dancer thralls next to each other. The more are placed down, the faster the healing stacking of the health regen effect.
  3. Leave the area containing the dancer thralls; the Entertained buff vanishes from the screen and Status screen of the player but the healing component of the buff persists.
  4. Jump off a cliff or get damaged by anything, wait 5 seconds making sure to avoid any further damage to trigger the passive health regen and then witness massive health regen that starts happening and healing your entire bar in mere seconds. It’s even worse if other effects such as Soothing are present.

Hey @Antharis

Welcome to our community.
We’ve recently fixed an issue that would grant too much HP regeneration.

1 Like

Yes i have just read the change notes. We will do some more testing on our server and make sure everything works right.

Thank you and keep up the good work!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.