Invisible after ragdoll

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Critical bug
Server type: PvE-Conflict
Region: EU

When harvesting stone near rocknoses (haven’t checked other enemies), they sometimes smack you to the ground and trigger ragdoll behavior on the player.

This causes me to turn invisible and unable to perform any physical interaction, like attacking with a weapon, harvesting resources, etc. Even though the game makes the correct sounds of me swinging my tools and weapons, and stops the player from moving in order to finish its animations, the actions do not affect the enemies or harvest nodes. This persists seemingly indefinitely, until I either relog or get hit by the rocknose one more time, which resets the effect.

I have only tested this with the Steel Pickaxe, may or may not be related to the issue. I cannot replicate when battling them with a weapon, so it might only be related to harvesting tools.

Note that I have always dodged backwards on instinct whenever the ragdoll effect happens, so I’m not sure if this is a contributor to the bug.

Replication steps:

1. Fight rocknoses using a pickaxe. You don’t actually have to fight them, but you must use the pickaxe while they are attacking you in order to trigger the ragdoll effect.
  2. Try to get hit such that they trigger the ragdoll behavior on the player. It might trigger the ragdoll behavior without turning inivisible, or they might attack you in quick succession, reverting the bug, but try to roll backwards once you turn invisible so as to avoid more attacks.
  3. This should sometimes (not always) trigger the player to become invisible, and unable to physically interact with the world.
  4. Get hit by rocknose once again to turn back to normal.

I’m attaching a video showing three separate cases of turning invisible. First a short amount of time, then a medium amount of time, then a very long amount of time, displaying what you can and cannot do while invisible. I’m sorry to say that I do not have audio on the videos, but I am trying to use both my pickaxe and weapon to perform actions, to no avail. I’m dodging and interacting with objects as well, as you’ll see in the video. I can climb and take fall damage, but I only return to normal if the rocknose hits me. One interesting thing I found is that I was unable to place my thrall, as it doesn’t find walkable ground.

Here’s the video: https://1drv.ms/v/s!ApSdCQmJLaXWnepyyFu1KK5ImuNSbQ?e=tmqb4t

1 Like

Hey @DexterAndre

Thanks for the detailed report. We’ll add it to the previous case file we had about this problem.

Can confirm this happens to me to while farming and getting jumped by wolves.

This happens to me from time to time, I just run down to the salamanders and for some reason when they hit you with spit it knocks you back into render.

Have seen this happen also with crocs & spiders.

This has been happening for months and no change or fix yet. Lots of time only fix is to get hit again many times and if you live you might get bounced out of it but most times I have to log out and back in, its a royal pain in ■■■ that is has not been fixed in months.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.