Is Funcom intentionally trying to kill Conan Exiles!

It has been turned into something different than it originally was. But things change.

How many hours did you put into the game? I’ve got several thousand… more than enough to justify the initial cost of the game that I paid.

Yes, the money I spent on the game and the dlc packs was definitely worth it. Just a bit disappointed that there won’t be any new affordable dlc packs and that access to battle pass items depend on their live services being available. If they ever shut that down, battle pass recipes will become unavailable and mounts and weapons and armour will become unusable.

2 Likes

Assuming that they don’t change anything you’re right. There’s also the scenario where if they decide they are shutting down the game that they release an update that terminates those items’ dependency on the servers.

I hope they’ll do that. Ubisoft shut down servers for a lot of older games this month that made dlc inaccessible and they didn’t care enough to update them. So I don’t entirely trust games companies to care about their customers if they don’t feel it’s profitable.

1 Like

Same thought hit me as well. Realized it felt very mobile phone like doing the challemges. As in a time killer, but not really “fun” or immersive.

4 Likes

Well i hit 60 lvl very quick, so BP is not that ugly, and i really hope devs didnt slow us down next seasons…
for most of players 2 biggest concerns remains the same… and they are not about BP:

no more 10 usd DlCs with tones of items - instead we got 10 usd for 1 piece

blocking gear with the paywall (in game about looting everything that's a real gamechanger)

BP in most part is acceptable… (price, time), but ofc… even then it cant be compared to old DLCs
No full building sets
No full set of weapons

On the positive side - plenty of mount skins and cool af decoratives

1 Like

Oh… Guildwars2 :wink:

I agree - generally speaking - but they’re a bit behind - so which is the cart and which is the horse? And what do their new masters demand - if anything?

It might be the case that we will endure one cycle of quantity with quality to follow. Just speculating… I guess we’ll know in about three months time. Meanwhile the game can be played as before almost identically. And/or it can be played with sorcery in mind - to that expansion. It’s more than enough for a free update IMO - although it’s noting mind blowing either (like those are ever common in this industry anyway).

Price? Yes, Time, no problem. The biggest issue with BP is the challenges they come with. Don’t tell me noone noticed that there are like 10 of them rotating over and over … Climbing the wall to get feathers, killing hyenas several times per day and also I hardly get any Legendary at all, mostly common or uncommon ones which are pathetic.

The idea was kinda good, but execution, omg …

@ auticus Games are different, you can’t compare BMW with Lada and say car is a car. It will get you to the same spot but experience is different. So this “marketing research” is valid for secific game, not for all games.

Yes I am sure. Steam can’t issue a ban in Conan Exiles only Funcom. Steam is just a third party store.

Update on this thread… currently in the game delving is free, bombs can be duped and materials can be duped(again). You add all this with the terrible lag and crashing, the broken spells, 8x harvest of official servers and a very vague banning system. GG

I’d say yes funcom is doing a bad job.

3 Likes

Im outta flags so @Community @Funcom_Community @Funcom can’t this guy just get a ban finally? He won’t stop doing this. Remove one and he makes another. In his eyes clearly the best way to address an exploit is to tell even more people about it as an invitation.

@Jimbo Are you talking about me?
If so you are, you’re a complete joke because I’m the only one sticking up for those suffering in this buggy game. Did I say how to do it? No I’ve made two threads telling the devs to fix it. Sorry for reporting issues @Community

“Out of flags” :man_facepalming:t4:
Explains a lot

3 Likes

You’ve made two threads spreading public awareness about it instead of bringing it up privately so they can look into it without a thousand other people becoming aware of it

@Cattibria @Melcom @AndyB

Privately? It’s already out there sorry you live under a rock jimbo. If they ban me on this forum for raising concerns about a very broken bug then that tells a lot about this company. I see zero reason your cry’s should be answered in they way you want. Yes I should have used zendesk now that I think about it but what’s done is done

1 Like

no

@HEREX i read your post before it got taken down and I appreciate it. People don’t seem to understand the bigger picture

Closing as this thread is no longer constructive.

1 Like

Greetings Everyone,

As @Spynosaur_Nicole mentioned, please remember to keep all forum conversations civil and constructive as stated in our Social Guidelines. You can read more about our Social Guidelines here.