Is Funcom planning mass server shut downs? (continued)

Apparently this was a sensitive topic back in October, since it was locked, even though I did not see any nasty posts, just the usual dry sarcasm.

I just wanted to point out that @Raskhaul completely nailed it almost six months ago.

"but time will tell all I guess. " :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

Says on the bottom why…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

You mean this? I do not understand how some threads pop up after 6 months but this one was locked after seven days, or am I not seeing something else?

You would have to discuss that with the site admins and why some things automatically closed (and sometimes are reopened in some cases), and why others dont.

Dont really get the point of your thread though.

1 Like

Well I think the answer time told was “Yes”.

2 Likes

You were spot on.

Now what are tomorrow’s lottery numbers?

1 Like

21-47-19-12-29-11

1 Like

If I were to hazard a guess on why that thread was hit by the autolock, its because it only had 6 replies to the OP. Its just a guess though, it seems like necro’d threads are usually longer.

But mass shutdowns are probably not on the radar. There’s like 1,000 servers and post merge I think there’s going to be still nearly 700? I don’t have the exact current merge count it was around 300 last I looked.

If they do this again and there’s like… less than a 100 servers per platform, then I think its starting to get close. But even then I think they’ll just keep merging till there’s just a dozen servers before actually turning them off. From a server admin point of view (notice, server admin, not player), merging is a pretty elegant solution compared to the alternatives.

1 Like

I just thought it was interesting that he nailed it like that based on those the three denominators.
Does every thread have to be some complicated wall of text back and forth to qualify as a discussion?

2 Likes

The fact he made that link, and never really said it was a bad or good thing. Just an observation, and a great one at that.

2 Likes

I have seen threads locked with walls of text or short and sweet (sour?) responses.

To your OP , my belief is this was/is a result of a self fullfilling prophecy: No stream of content or fixes make officials diminish in population either players quitting or going to private servers that supply content in the form of mods.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.