Is your server unavailable? YES IT IS!

Is your server unavailable? Use our new report tool! why you guys never fix it in a timely manner. and no communication from support if it’s even being looked into.

2 Likes

Read about opening the correct ports in your firewall/router?

I have no issues starting my server at any time, and yes, it do show in the serverbrowser!

Maybe explain what server you talk about?

SERVER 1941 Dont believe me or think its me go try to log on

DeadJester is talking about multiple servers going down every night. There are new topics about it everyday and Funcom reps never provide a proper response. We’re tired of it.

See the following posts:

And there are more where that came from… Opening ports and firewalls have nothing to do with their outages and server crashes.

1 Like

I have actually had relative success with using the server outage reporting tool. Every time I’ve had an issue, and have reported it through their tool, I have witnessed the server get corrected within the hour. I would call that successful and productive.

I don’t think that they have the manpower, nor would it be productive or functional, for them to communicate every time any server had a problem. If they did that, they would not have time to actually fix and work on server stability.

Rather than getting sour about it, work with them with the tools they have provided us. I believe that they are truly making things better. Unfortunately, it’s a slow process. They are trying to fix bugs, complete content, and perform server / engine tuning to improve performance and reduce crashes. That is a tall order to complete.

Either grant them some patience, or perhaps heat up another game for a month or so while they work out all of the kinks.

They just came out of EA,this is rather ridiculous.All people are asking for is a GOOD excuse…if any at all…We cant even put a ticket into G-portal for a server reboot anymore,funcom has full control now and that came from G-portal themselves.I put in multiple tickets during EA and their response time was 15 to 60 minutes.Now they took away our band aid.Did G-portal get tired of all the tickets!? Said yo you deal with this crap!?I understand it’s most likely a complicated fix, but at least keep us posted with respectful and timely responses.

Well - clearly I have no clue what I am talking about.

If your server is so plagued with performance issues, why not simply pick a new server? You may want to dispel this advice however - I have been informed that I have no clue what I am talking about.

1 Like

While we may not reply directly to every post about a server being down, this does not mean we aren’t seeing the reports. When you post that a server is down in our forums, we try to contact those responsible for addressing the outage as quickly as possible.

Please continue to report these outages! We are working towards permanent solutions which will be implemented in an update, but until then, we will be happy to continue acting on reports we see here in the forums.

So why cant we put in for a ticket through G-portal for a reboot? Much faster than here for the band aid till you guys figure out what the problem is…and yes I have asked this in other threads and got no answer…why let you guys get bogged down with reboots when you need to find.the problem?

Since the other users response calling this out was hidden for some reason (at least I had the option to unhide it), I just have to try to make it clear again. Maybe I’ll be “hidden” but whatever.

Your anecdote about how well the server outage reporting tool worked every time you’ve had an issue isn’t really relevant. Mine reads almost the opposite.

I have actually had zero success with using the server outage reporting tool. Every time I’ve had an issue (at least every other night), and have reported it through their tool, I have witnessed the server remain offline for the remainder of the night. I would call that unsuccessful.

If my anecdote is worthless, so is yours.

I don’t think that they have the manpower, nor would it be productive or functional, for them to communicate every time any server had a problem. If they did that, they would not have time to actually fix and work on server stability.

Of course not. My issue isn’t so much with the frequency of the communication (although it’s almost nonexistent) but more so the content. They’ve responded that they don’t know what the problem is and they are working on it. That’s all, after over a month of reports on this issue. The server goes down ALL NIGHT almost EVERY NIGHT. I’m not worried about hearing that they received my daily report quickly and are once again working on it. The report is due soon.

Rather than getting sour about it, work with them with the tools they have provided us

I think I’m doing both of those things. They need to acknowledge this as something they see and are working on. You say you believe they are “truly making things better” but I believe in facts and reasons.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.