John Wolf is antisocial

John Wolf won’t let you open up his missions from the front. You’ve gotta sneak onto the steps behind him and steal the precious missions from him. Been this way for a while now.

8 Likes

lol yeah, I noticed that too! There are a couple quest givers out there where you need to be positioned a certain way in order to get the mission.

Wolf is worst of all them but also those children in Shadowy Forest or Dragan - you need to stand in front of them, no approaching from side, like a proper person. :unamused:

1 Like

omg, I thought it was only me…

1 Like

yup those are especially annoying I think, took me forever to figure out where I needed to position myself to pick up there quests.

He! Now I understand why all people are moving so much around him, me included :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

This was flagged during beta.

2 Likes

Lots of things were reported during beta that are still here.

3 Likes

Both Danny and John you have to look down on them to get the missions lol

True, always got annoyed at it but kind of got used to it.
But it could easily be fixed so please Funcom :soon:

2 Likes

Works for me. Notice the green reticle. I just picked up “The Black House” from that position.

Reticle goes green for me, but nothing happens unless I get behind him. There are a couple of angles in front I can get him to talk, but you can’t consider finagling yourself into very specific angles and distances “working”, can you?

1 Like

The problem is not about MAKING it work, it does work, eventually.
But you have to aim it, an annoyance compared to other NPC that are pretty much “Point around it” type.

I believe the problem comes from the wolves that have their “box” being way too large compared to the size of the animal, and thus covers John himself : it looks like you are targeting John, but it is in fact the wolf which is why you can’t interact

I also think this is where the problem is. We all know how big a heal bubble is around a pet and this guy has two either side of him, which i think interferes with our targeting of him rather than any of the other NPC’s
Danny at the Skate park is also another who has awkward targeting, i have to look down onto him or i pick all the quests around him.

2 Likes

Reticle targeting was a wonderful forced addition to this game, wasn’t it?

2 Likes

While we’re at it, when you do click the missions they clip down below the edge of the screen sometimes, you have to click the middle ones to make the bottom ones accessible.

Mostly in part due to my ability bar being on the bottom of the screen but still an issue.

I don’t sneak behind him, I climb on top of him! Have to do the same with Luminita.

1 Like

Oh yes, shes another one

Red does this, too I’ve noticed. If you stand in any way where Kyra is behind him, you’ll get her dialog menu up instead of Red’s missions. You have to stand so that there’s absolutely no way you could possibly be looking at Kyra.

2 Likes

Paul Gamelin, too. When approaching from his left, he’ll ignore me and his wifey needs to shout past him regarding whatever it is I wasn’t actually looking to ask her about.

2 Likes