Just curious : Mods in 3.0

Waiting on the “death of the game update” 3.0. LifIno. I’ll judge it harshly after I play it. But in the present game I usually play solo with a few mods.

We all know there will be mods but how long may it take for mods to hit 3.0?
Are any moders working with funcom now prepping mods for 3.0?
Is 3.0 going to be a PITFA to mod?

For me playing solo, the mods added a lot of enjoyment to the game. Being able to max everything by leveling to 300, more functional UI, and such just made the game far more fun for me.

Funcom always drops the devkit early, to give modders a head start on updating. If anything isn’t updated right away, it’s usually a few days or the mod is abandoned.

Every update there’s always a collective screaming that the game is dead because x mod broke and to this day the game still is just fine. Hold your doomsaying until you have an actual reason to panic

6 Likes

XvRwC7W

7 Likes

Is the modding feature slated to exist in 3.0? According to the livestream, yes. That means there is no reason to be upset, or panic.

If they ever decide to remove modding functionality, then yes, be upset. But I doubt that will ever happen.

1 Like
  • No, there isn’t a secret dev kit to allow people to get an early jump start.

• No, we don’t know the difficulty its going to be, just like with every major patch since 2017.

• Yes, as was announced, us mod creators are going to get access to the dev kit earlier then usual.

Its business as usual. Wait for mod creators to get access to the updated dev kit in order to start working on their updates. Then wait some more for things to settle down and be patient with mod creators to figure their stuff out.

8 Likes

I’ve been playing video games as long as there have been video games. Right off I can’t think of any game that survived this big of an overhaul.

Nice to know the dev kits went out early. I’m not expecting to see mods day one, I do expect to see mod fixes to issues before dev fixes though.

I’ve played exiles since it hit early access. Played it through a few times before the Rube Goldberg crafting station update. Haven’t played but about half way since.

I’ll hold my opinion, but I am no sort of fan of battle, season, chapter passes. In my opinion it’s a last ditch effort to squeeze every dime out of a game they can before they drop it. But then I have only seen them in BRs before this.

Time doesn’t equate variety, clearly.

Games have major overhauls all the time, it’s how it keeps them alive. Granted, this is a more modern trend because you can’t update a shipped cartridge; but for digitally distributed games this has become the norm in recent years. I would urge you to play more games before commenting on industry standards you don’t understand.

1 Like

Lots of games go through big changes, and if done right, the game is better for it. Being afraid of change is a common human condition that a lot of us suffer due to fear of the unknown.

Off the top of my head, Diablo III went through a much bigger change than this. They got rid of the ‘real money auction house’ and added ‘rifts’ and ‘greater rifts’ as well as ‘seasons’ and ‘bounty missions.’ They also changed a ton of game mechanics regarding the ‘elite’ and ‘champion pack,’ and creased the level cap from 60-70 along with adding ‘paragons.’ Diablo III not only survived, but it became a much better game.

2 Likes

i just want to know when the update will release
i got some questions but idk if i should ask as they might spoil such as the admin options like decrease the time a corpse despawns i wonder since the update gives us spells could we increase the time a summon stays with us?
mostly i just want to know about the release

Of the games I have enjoyed playing, an over haul of this drasticness has killed them.
An update is not an over haul. Adding Septah was an update. Going to Rube Goldberg crafting stations was an update. This is pretty much a ground up rebuild.

The only Diabol I’ve played was a single player dungeon crawler, that was years ago LOL

Dude, your posts are always amusing, but not getting in to a game pissing contest with you. I have nothing to prove.

The question is will they get more people to come to the game with the 3.0 version then leave because of it?

Name one

Citation needed

I don’t think you know what a Rube Goldberg is

That was four diablos ago

I try

Too late

Yes you do, you’re the one who made up an unsubstantiated bold claim

Yes

1 Like

This isn’t Discord and I am not playing this game with you.

Now puff up that chest and loudly say “I win”. Do you feel better about yourself? Good, glad I could help.

4 Likes

So you won’t prove it?

That’s how I start my morning every day, you should try it. It’s energizing

I always feel good about myself, because when I say crazy things I have the stuff to back it up.

Just about every game that added Scaling, is ruined to me.
Forget nail in coffin. thats dynamite in a box…

Can not stand it.

It Ruined ESO for me, I’m glad I 100% the game when I did, I was getting so bored of spamming same skills on basic garbage enemies cause they match my level… -_-’

Fallout 76 got One World crap… At times its “ok” at times your dumping 60+ rounds into something cause its lv100.
I enjoy the game, But if it wasn’t for Quad Ammo mod (x4 to mag size) and certain areas top off at lv50. I’d have abandon it.
Granted, its got a counter with certain abilities… not a fan of running around at 10-20% hp to get a damage buff to melt stuff.

Diablo 3 is weird one, Its overhaul removed stuff people were angry about. And Season was Optional. Granted you basically missed out on items… Not ruined.

Skyrim SE Gold Magic Edition (or w/e fudge it was called) basically screw mod community over.
had give up several mods since they refused update them, and chunk of player based stayed on old version, some move on.
Didn’t Kill the Game… but sure in Hell made it unfun to try and play old saves.

LotrO overhaul into f2p was … brought life into game, But brought in all peeps who wouldn’t pay for the game. It was one of those Gaming Communities that was hard to find a fault with. (PVP chat being its own bag of salt)
Didn’t ruin game… well, It Did… time calmed it down I guess.

So far, Scaling is only thing that ever killed a game for me.

1 Like

If I was convinced the game was going to die because of this update, I wouldn’t be concerned about mods.

I’m a cynical pessimist and long time fan/player, so of coarse I’m going to judge the overhaul harshly.

Thing is, as is I’m board with it. I look forward to daily challenges, anything to brake the monotony of the grind. But not a fan of the pass thing. Mostly because it’s so easy to screw them up. At one end you have pubG with no skins I personally would waste money on so the Battle passes were pretty worthless to me. Ring of Elysiums had nice skins and such but were too easy. I bought one and made enough game coin to never need to buy another. Not sure I ever played another game that had season/battle passes. I’m sure I have but if I didn’t like the game I moved on before I cared.

Don’t get me started on LOTRO. I had all the quests up to Mordor. Was only half way through. They did a complete overhaul of all the game mechanics. Had to completely relearn how to play all my characters; 9. I just gave up on it. They changed the game so drastically I just couldn’t play it any more.

Same with Project Torque. Loved the game. Real nice soft sim racer. Devs turned it in to an arcade racer, game hemorrhaged players. They did a lot of changes, split it to a sim and an arcade mode but it was too late. They introed mario cart power ups and tried to sell people stupid looking cosmetic add-ons. Dead game.

I just hate seeing games I like DEVastated.

It’s not out yet. It will be released earlier then usual (3-5 days before the patch drops is standard), that doesn’t mean its out already.

We will work on our mods when we are able to.

6 Likes

@DeaconElie My wife says Whine on Harvest Moon Whine on and play the game play the game or leave.

2 Likes

Nice to know your wife runs your life LMFAO

Multigun I got my start online modding MotoGP; adding tracks from nascar and formula one games. Fun stuff, no tools, couple of hack apps. learned to model and texture; as well as a few other things, fixing the converted tracks to function. Man that was a long time ago; dialup era.

Once the update is out and I have played it, I’ll probably be waiting on mods. At least I’ll have a better idea of what I want in a mod.

Expect 3.0 to break some/many mods. This is due to various changes in the game, mainly Sorcery (highly requested by players) and Attribute revamp (requested by players - but a lower percentage of players) granted with Sorcery attributes would have changed anyway to make it work.

Other things added/changed in the game may effect mods as well (unknown). Large game patched will do this. Its the fact of the game being upgraded/updated.

Majority of mods will be updated by the mod authors so no worries. How quickly? No idea. Mod authors have lives (work, etc) so you may have to wait for it to be released.

Some mods may be permanently broken? Yes. Some mods are not being updated by mod authors who quit recently or years ago. Nothing you can do about that. You will have to remove said mod from your list.

Are there ways to save structures from broken mods by replacing with other pieces from the game? Yes. There is a way. I will look into the instructions and post it eventually. May tweak the instructions with others, but low priority for me at the moment. You can check the discord (Better Building Bureau or Dude’s Discord) for more information. Its buried somewhere there.

Hehe, who doesn’t have a wife control your life? :slight_smile: @DeaconElie

1 Like

Had one, cured me. Single for the last 20+ years lol

Ya, I expect the update to break all mods. Think the first couple weeks out will be helter skelter. A plethora of hot fixes, patches, hot fixes to patches lol I doubt the game will be stable enough for stable mods for a month or so. Sure I will be looking forward to them.