LAG EVERYDAY at Official PVE-C 1043

Already asked and the answer was “no its ping!”…

I think of myself as fauna.

1 Like

Yeah a tracert to the server would only show network lag. The in-game ping, however, also factors in the processing time of the server software as well. While it’s an older post for a different game, the underlying mechanic this UE dev talks about still holds true for virtually any game:

https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtournament/forums/unreal-tournament-discussion/ut-game-general-discussion/3726-server-browser-ping-vs-ingame-ping

FWIW, the lag the OP is describing sounds similar to what I saw on my own server when it was only a couple weeks old and definitely lacking any huge buildings or large thrall populations. What ended up improving the situation, was opting for additional RAM to be allocated to the server.

I believe that #1501 recently had to undergo pretty intensive maintenance which Funcom had to intervene in, so it’s not unprecedented for their help to be required for issues of this nature. IMO, it might be worth having some others from your server share their experiences in here as it may provide additional clues to help track-down the issue.

Gonna tag @Hugo and @Ignasi as well in case this rings any bells with whatever was found with the other Officials that needed professional troubleshooting…

1 Like

Thank very much , finally some reason ! May Crom bless you !

Well it’s not ping unless he cherry picked a tracert result.

Probably so much foundation spam the server and computers connected to it are chugging along. Maybe many people playing on the server have barely minimum specs. Who knows and don’t really care. All I know is the server I play on is fine and it is the same code used on their server.

Forums also = Forums

Um um um um. Four “um”s also = Forums?

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m complaining months…

It’s just you have to make a discission.

If you continue playing this game, you know what you can expect from these devs, the devs have their focus on other games like Moons of Madness etc…
They want to get every penny out of the gamers with this game now…

Like I’m saying for couple of months, my dumb buddy @darthphysicist can verify.
Anyway, I stopped playing this game when they released the movement patch. That was the update that destroyed “my game”. Looking at the forums hoping for a light from above because I loved this game, but it’s getting darker and darker.

Anyway, good luck.

Right back at ya.

1 Like

Servers can be unreliable in any game, and not just that but so many things can happen that will result in the need to restart. Now I get the sentiment of people who have spent hours and hours on a server creating an empire and such, I really feel for those who end up losing all that as it is a hard pill to swallow, but it is for this very reason I feel that games or rather gamestyles that encourage the idea of permanent progress on a game, especially when in an online environment, is not healthy. Once the expectation is there then the sting from losing it is inevitable. This is why I make a point to not ever get attached to progress I make. I could build a monument today and it be gone tomorrow and I will still be satisifed that I have the memory of building that monument, I dont need the game assets to validate my experience anymore and all that is important to me is the experience itself. Playing on pvp in the survival games I have played have helped to shape this mindset toward online games and it really has saved me plenty of emotional distress over situations where you have to leave your progress behind to start again.

My suggestion here would be to find a new server, I get you may not want to leave what you have already, but remember that it’s just intangible data on a drive somewhere, the experience however lives on within you. Play for that experience and not for the progress itself because nothing is forever my friend :confused:

After 1 beautiful month without lag for the past 2 days game become unplayable huge spikes, players can’t teleport, character floating in the air, 2-3 minutes until the inventory in shown and many other strange things which didn’t happen before … On this server where up to 30 people online now only 10 and the lag is terrible I don’t understand how this is possible ? We reported this problem on G-Portal (from the game menu) several times and we didn’t receive any answer …

hopefully this time we wont need to make more then one thread and we will be able to play again faster then the last time

hi, can confirm that the lag in 1043 has got really bad, it was terrible over xmas, then we had a good few weeks of no lag,now its bad again, huge lag spikes that last 5-10 mins sometimes, please fix this, as the player number on server has reduced probably because the game has become unplayable

1 Like

People please do something with this server - I can’t believe, that this is something over your possibilities … :frowning: :frowning: Lags are terrible again and they practically make this game impossible to play. Ping 1020
lasting few to several minutes - time after time, one by one. It’s sooo damn annoying and depressing! :frowning: The server dies even with 7… 10 players online. Come ooooon… :confused: :confused:

1 Like

The g-portal server admins are in holidays maybe. They lack knowledge and skills… if in 2020 we are still having lag problems and we have to report them that one of their server is f…kedup…

we pay to play not to report every day that your lame server is useless.

The lag is present at all time. For extended periods of time. We can’t get a 15 minute window to actually enjoy the game. Makes it hard to play. We can’t fight, moving around is tricky because you can end up in someones fences and die… Building is hard because you can’t see when you place things down, so you click again, placing it at the wrong positions… Almost a week and no solution seem a bit too long. Having issues 5 minutes after restart when I am the only player on the server it’s just…wrong :frowning:

unfortunately most of the servers especially pve and pve c experience this type of problem. funcom is committed to ban people for no good reason without worrying about other problems that have always affected the game

will the next patch be the one that will definitely destroy the game? the story continues …

So this is an amazing server with some awesome mainstay peeps. Problem is for over a week now it’s been VERY unplayable with the constant over 1k ping spikes. The occasional lag wouldn’t be too bad as long as it got fixed eventually. What makes this particularly bad is that it’s non stop fluctuating. Therefore the game is CONSTANTLY trying to figure out where the connection is making it worse. 500, 87, 329, 1020, 742, 1020, 74, 657, 1020, etc… If this can’t be fixed soon, (although it should have already been remedied), the once flourishing server will die out. Conan was built in such a way that one wrong move can end a journey, you stuff, thrall, base, etc… With this much ping, you can’t leave your base aside from smacking rocks and trees and hoping when you build it works…