Lag (on SP) and Thralls getting stuck is worse after 2.3 - Xbox Series X

Game mode: Singleplayer
Problem: Performance
Region: USA

After the 2.3 patch.

1. Thralls, (any thrall, fighter, sherpa, etc) are getting stuck behind rocks, twice as much, (almost constantly) than before the patch.
  2. More lag in Singe Player, cause appears to be the number of benches.
    E.g. I spawned 30 tamed thralls, lag was no worse. Removed thralls, added a couple more benches, not just new ones from 2.3 and the lag got much worse, 1-2 second freezes about 1-2 times a minute in base.
  3. Any more than 4-5 NPC’s in the same area, lag as bad as #2.

Wasn’t there an Xbox Series X performance update coming? The option to load up in an optimized config?

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

1. Play the game.

Hi @KmKn, there’s no date for the upcoming performance update, we’re working hard to get it out as soon as possible.

Could you provide a short video showcasing the base where you’re experiencing performance issues so that we have a reference to provide to development?

Regarding NPCs getting stuck, this is a known issue for this patch that has been improved in the upcoming 2.4 update.

Thanks for the reply.
I’ll try to get a short video this week, gotta work. :slight_smile:

Tried to take clips but received an error.
I looked it up and it appears to be an issue with the naughty parts of CE which makes taking clips fail on XB, lol!
I’ll change the setting and try again this weekend. The lag is pretty consistent.

1 Like

Last weekend I took a few clips but they won’t upload from my XBSX. :expressionless:
If this thread get’s closed, just imagine half second pauses every 20-30 seconds.

I built a small three level base with about 5 benches and 4 furnaces and within that base the lag is atrocious! Move in slow motion, screen freeze, frame jump (if that makes sense).

Location, right next to the Ruins of Al’Merayah, on the pond full of bones.

And thralls are doing the weird stance.

1 Like

@Hugo, I finally got a handful of videos uploaded.
They are repetitive but I wanted to show how small my treehouse is.
Only two thralls on the ground and no structures.
The longer I play the game, the longer the frame stutters.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.