Thrall issues, beating a dead horse..?

The Testlive patch notes do not contain references to the current Thrall issues on console.

• I, like many others have provided descriptions, pics and vids where additional players have verified these issues.
  • The fact that the 2.5 patch notes do not include anything that addresses these issues but instead, includes Thrall QOL additions and cosmetic Thrall fixes?
  • Why would any of that matter when I can’t see my thralls as they’re under the mesh?
  • I can’t place them, they float, get stuck on buildings, don’t return to guard position, always in attack stance, etc, etc. ← All of which ‘etc’ is documented below.

I spend much more time compensating for these issues then playing and enjoying the game.
What else is a player, consumer, supposed to do?
Thralls not returning to guard position/getting stuck on buildings.

Must be placed on walkable floor.
Floating Thralls.
Getting stuck on buildings.
Killer Rhino Issues - Faceplant and contorting/floating in the air.

Losing Thralls Underground.

Random thralls don’t follow when teleporting (admin cheat) - Video.

:confused:

The next update was started before FC took a month off. Thrall issues have been reported for weeks prior to the month long vacation.

So we wait, lose thralls, gear, and time until FC goes back to the office. Then they gotta START to fix the Moleman thralls. First they have to figure out what the problem is. Then write code to add to the existing 2.5. Certification usually takes weeks for FC, due to failures to certify a faulty update. Then, if it does work, the patch will surely break some other element of the game…FC shaved enough memory to make server connections more stable in the EL. Now we can stay connected without crash to dash every 30 minutes. By shaving memory FC has made EL the most lagged experience i have ever had gaming. There are 0 facets of this game that have NOT been effected by lag. Every aspect of play has a lag delay now…
FC tries to improve, but can only manage to deteriorate EL.

1 Like

Funcom is trying but as we can all see its not that they dont ‘‘try’’ its that they are not capable. My guess on thrawls is that even if they can fix them falling through mesh, it wont change the ai. It sounds mean but i wish they would just sell conan to a more capable company. Its to good of a game with loads of potential for funcom to manage. And this past year+ and some change has been unenjoyable, frustrating, disappointing and wat ever else you can think of. FC its sad…

Like I’ve stated before along with funcom is that all their staff works on multiple areas of game at same time. Which was the downfall, but they split with almost 2x or close 3x hires/ they took a lot of new positions and nearly 2x or 3x what they had in staff… that training process and teaching them about code they made with current problems and content and etc, I would not want to teach that many at once——- but the bug fix and content crew were separated which is why there is a hell of a lots of content and bug fixes comin in . While that’s great I’m more than positive that with all new people there are going to be some problems early on but that will allow them to focus on the capabilities of both the game and reduce time loss and… ok I’m not going to keep typing hopefully you get the point but the thrall falling through or disappear might be a lot harder to fix that one may think :thinking: but my mind says this will improve overall just got to get everything and everyone going at their work place and brought up to full speed that alone will be nice

I feel the thralls dropping through the terrain is due to the memory shave. They lag way too much now and i think its the reason they drop through. But we can stay connected now…fix 1 thing, break everything…at least its not a surprise…

I know they’ve done a lot of work trying to stop thralls falling through the world and are still working on it.

They do know about the problems but how long it will take to actually fully fix is anyone’s guess. It’s understandable to be frustrated by their lack of progress on these issues.

Is it beating a dead horse to make a thread discussing a known issue? I guess that depends on your point of view. If it helps people vent and feel better to share their frustrations then the thread serves a purpose

Unfortunately it won’t help get it fixed any faster though

That’s why they hired all those extra people to lower the amount of work on one person to several so that should help a lot for them .

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.