Land Claim Abuse on Official Servers: Feedback/Discussion

Hi there is the schematics of my base, when i started a year ago there was no concern about it, i even was not aware about those problems, it is a forest region and i wanted not to kill trees and rocks, iron etc. Tthen instead o building a massive block and put everything on it, i had to scather something in the area around. Every bulilding has it function, no passage or resources blocked, all doors and paths are open.
Im concerned about being out of TOS, i has as principle the fair play and being an out law really botters me. Should i consolidade everything on one place? Thanks for your attention : )

How was it before i build: Checked it today to see if there are not bosses spawn added recently or other content and it is clear

ps: under the colosseum arena theres a big wheel of pain and some storage and working stations.

1 Like

Using your sandbox comparison, the public park sandbox is for everyone, so you should not expect to build in the entire sandbox by yourself. you have to leave room for others.

Using your art gallery, there are only so many walls, and you cant display all your ideas on every wall, leaving no room for others.

So I agree.

I also acknowledge it wasnt always that way, but self control is why they had to step in.

4 Likes

This is helpful. As I have said, refining the rules is what we really need.

5 Likes

I agree but also depends on pvp or pve. There should be less mercy on pvp otherwise your going to have a neighbor that can treb you or shoot arrows across the map lol.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification. Now I know how to move forward after my server is shut down.

7 Likes

My build takes up a very small, hardly ever used, part of the map. I have only seen one person build in that area in almost four years other than myself and after they had a Berserker purge that totally wiped out their base and part of my Inn base, they left the server. ( Of course they built right on top of me ) The Castle itself sits atop a ridge with no access other than climbing and zero resources, so nobody would ever want to go up there unless they were totally bored.
My village is all open space, you can literally pass thru the village in any direction. No resources were despawned there either. Also, four of the buildings have workstations in them, one has a thrall pot in it, and the smaller ones which are no bigger than 2x4 each all have chests or ice boxes in them.
The Inn itself is a free standing structure with a basement that used to house all of the small workstations and a wheel of pain in the back, so it was essentially a working base. It stood there alone for over two years. I only built the castle and the village after the last DLC came out.
Once the larger workstations came out, I removed all of the small ones because I rarely use them now. After thrall limits came out, I replaced the wheel of pain with a maproom, since I am hardcapped.
Also, currently I am in a six person clan, not just building on my own.

Your version of a sandbox game is totally wrong. Look up the definition.

We are supposed to demolish our builds so new players can build in that spot? Really?

7 Likes

Then you were most likely blocking access to something, despawning resources, mobs, maybe both, or were spamming land claim also. The fact that my village sits right outside my base makes it :

A - doubtful anyone COULD build there and
B- Why would anyone WANT to unless they were just being an asinine troll, as there are many better spots to the east of Godsclaw passage to build on.

1 Like

And yet you ended up with over one thousand of them? Keep in mind, when CE went public in May of 18, they had to add hundreds of new PUBLIC servers, since ALL existing ones were full all day every day. Also keep in mind that this was even before Xbox and consoles, so every person was using a PC.
Also, when IOS went live they added a lot of PUBLIC servers to meet demand also.
AND, if the game was not developed with them in mind, where was the caveat disclaimer stating that eventually people would be forced to move to private servers or play SP.
There was NONE, because at the time, Funcom was in a huge financial hole and wanted any source of income from any available means.
Are you really trying to qualify that statement as legitimate? Or is it now convenient, five years later?

15 Likes

Your build is tiny in comparison to what was advertised on the trailer. The map is huge, thats not even one square.

“Build, Survive, Conquer” Only temporarily according to some, after that you have to move and live in a 2x4.

9 Likes

I find it amazing after 4 years this is the first I have ever heard this sentiment echo’d from an official source.

I was under the impression through every stream every update its been towards developing the game for official play, the game has not become any more mod friendly mods break every patch and funcom now have also stated they are directly lifting (stealing imo) from the mod community, another example is the disabling and destruction of old god tokens before reactivating them, this was a decision in development only for official servers benefit.

So now we know the intentions of the game is not developed for official online play, could we get clarification as to what it is? is it supposed to be a singleplayer game? a tailor made unofficial server experience? co-op? just what was it developed in mind for?.

it also contradicts the statement of “we are closing servers as low population is not the way the game is meant to be played” yet people are told to play singleplayer to build any structure of reasonable size (large enough to fit all the benches and not be cracked open with 3 bombs at least) so is playing with no people the way the game is meant to be played?

it feels like all promotional material has become extremely misleading from pvp to castle building and combat should now be stamped with *player experience may vary wildly, or *not representative of official servers given you are actively denying that experience and you cant control the unofficial server experience in any way.

9 Likes

I know you likely mean something different but I think it would be awesome to have base wipes be part of the game-play:

You broke some rules?

• You get a notification (like the purge) that the gods are coming for you.
  • You log-on and get the message: "The gods have seen what you have done to their lands. They will exact their anger in 15min. 14:59
 14:58

• The admin selected base is attacked by a god with 100% destruction and you were given 15min. to salvage what you could.

No bans! No transparency to FC Admins. No rule lawyering. The gods did it - because they could. :wink:
:slight_smile:

7 Likes

Is that a wall around the base I see in that video

2 Likes

I say it’s all the gods at once and then the mighty foot of Crom (which looks like the Monty Python foot) does the crushing blow blowing up the remaining base

2 Likes

I saw your message illustrated with images on bans and it’s very good that you publish that, I think it enlightens us on what is desirable or not.

The bans are something very painful for the players so i think it would be good if for the first offense the person does not lose everything.

The only point that I did not appreciate during your intervention is your desire to disengage from the official servers, I understand that a company must earn money, that is its goal and that it may not be reasonable to have so many free servers so why don’t you offer premium servers of better quality welcoming more players but for a subscription?

CE players are quite old and I’m sure many would not hesitate to subscribe if it brought them an improvement in the quality of play while having a guarantee that the servers will last over time and have an independent admin.

2 Likes

@erjoh,

What is 1/20th of 272. do the math.
There are 272 grids on the CE map, I am taking up 1/20th of ONE grid.

Please just stop.

And yes, as long as I PAID for this game, I will take up that spot unless I forget to refresh and it decays. I am not sure where you are even getting this idea that is unfair. It has been that way since EA day 1.
Also, you quoting this is amusing, since i tis just the opposite of what you are proselytizing.

You seem confused today, take a break please.
This is a feedback thread, I have given my feedback to Funcom, you are NOT Funcom, and I will NOT derail this thread, so I will say no more to you.

7 Likes

Agreed, amazing, and disheartening. I have played since Febuary 5th, 2017, and NEVER until this day heard a statement as bold as that from an official source.

2 Likes

This quote is from @Ignasi talking about official servers from the trimming official servers thread.

“On these servers, travelling across the Exiled Lands or the Isle of Siptah should include encounters with other players and their creations, whether a massive fortress or our beloved default 2x2 hut near the river.”

So someone at funcom believes we should be seeing MASSIVE fortresses on official servers. would those massive fortresses not have walls around them? Would they not also have villages?

But here is another quote from @Ignasi from the official servers tos

" * Massive constructions or over-use of memory intensive items leading to loss of performance both on client and server-side."

Wouldn’t these same massive fortresses that someone from funcom mentioned we should be seeing on officials break their own tos?

This isn’t confusing at all
 :person_shrugging:

Restricting the freedom to build on official servers is a joke. you should be ashamed of yourselves funcom.

With the trimming of official servers you could quite easily upgrade the remaining officials and reduce lax the “rules”.

4 Likes

actually I wasn’t, but probably fell victim to the reporting meta. But that has been discussed several times already. Fact is, that would you built there, while beautiful, covers quite an extensive area for RP purposes.
Don’t get me wrong, I had similar builds in the past and appreciate all the work going into it, but as we are learning now, this is not wanted on officials.
I was merely offering an outside view to the point that what you consider small, others may not

3 Likes

Well it is true, I guess it became a slight bit more mod friendly in one patch XD but falls well bellow most mod supported games, so you can run defence all you like but facts are facts, I unfortunately wasted time making mods for this game and know a few other prominent mod makers who have echo’d this sentiment.

I personally eventually gave up updating and fixing each mod due to the constant breaking of them, a large majority of mods just never get updated now, games in general can be more mod friendly, and could auto download/update mods via a launcher or better yet, in the server connect window, and how about not arbitrarily rearrange the pathing system, not require a new compiles for every other update have a mod conflict system being able to actually allocate sources of out of date mods/ ones that cause crahses.

and on the final point I believe it was mentioned during a stream to bring more features to the xbox/consle community, can I provide you the exact stream with a timestamp? Nope, can point you to numerous run downs of streams though where its been said “can we have thrall idle animations” and then something like “there’s a mod for that, but we may look at implementing it”.

Two mods that come to mind are the indoor raining fix and the visible weapons on back etc.

2 Likes

Not just PvE, but Singleplayer mode also. And just like PvE players on officials, the very defining essence of our mode has been quashed. And it is all because of the subset of PvP players you mentioned who would rather build in the undermesh and beyond the green Cursed Wall than than play the game and win or lose honestly. Now please understand that I am NOT generating this post to berate you for something which you have not done, or to try and set in motion your above lamentation. But rather to offer my sincere and humble thanks for the empathy you have shown PvE players here! And it is one of the single nicest and most humble things I have ever had the pleasure of reading here on the forum. But to do so will ultimately be self-defeating. Just as they (Funcom) have made their decision consigning Singleplayer mode to its fate and its misery, so have they now with PvE mode. All fun and ingenuous creativity must now bow down and be unceremoniously sacrificed for ‘altruistic’ good of server performance and nothing will stop this now. Too bad that the primary culprit here is that g-portal servers struggle to run the game and this will likelyonly grow worse as the game expands and new content is added and last generation consoles age. Much like yourself and others, I am feeling very disenfranchised.

I stand in solidarity with with our good community members such as @JJDancer, @anon83039162, @speedice and Palm522, who either have or are likely about to lose their bases.

9 Likes