Larathiel's Isle (and Wilds) of Doom (UNofficial #1502)

I find Warrior Mutator a good non-intrusive and vanilla friendly mod that allows for some good armour/weapon options and as you mentioned @Larathiel, it gives a reason to farm the quest bosses and use the forges. I haven’t had any major issues with it. Some minor texture bugs here and there but WarriorJ fixed them promptly once they were reported to him. The “other” Warrior Mutator mods are only needed if you decide not to go for the full mod but restrict certain parts of it. The mod has a pretty detailed wiki page.

For a PvE server there are only 3 features/aspects that could be a concern from my perspective:

• The high priest needed for Warrior Mutator’s crafting bench may spawn in Sepermeru and last I check it was aggressive. It may disturb the peace in the city :slight_smile: The NPC has a rather low spawn rate though.
  • The mod increases the palisade/spiked trap damage by a lot. They can be really deadly not only to your enemies but to anything which comes in contact with them (including your character and your followers).
  • There is a bit of a grind for the higher tier weapons/armours which is not necessarily an issue, they are meant to be rare :woman_shrugging:

I personally love the T1 wooden building feat and some of the admin spawned transmogs :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Hi, joined up today(Lizzarn). Can you link discord? Also, for some reason I can’t find this server on my history so I can fave it. Is that some weird bug on my end?

1 Like

Hey Lizzarn, not sure why it’s not showing up in your history, but I’ve noticed that sometimes it helps to filter the server browser on nothing but typing “1502”, ticking “show modded servers” and then waiting a few minutes until it shows up. At that point, you should be able to favorite it.

As for Discord, here you go:

3 Likes

Thank you! That was it. I didn’t have the “show modded servers” ticked.

3 Likes

Hi there!
I’m about to join this server later today / tomorrow as it seems to fit what I’m looking for.
I used to play solo(boring) and self-hosted coop(friend didn’t last long) before with similar modlist/settings and I’m not in for PvP or hardcore RP which seems to be cause for majority of servers. With about 250hrs played I haven’t got much further than obtaining staff and killing that albino bat so I’d like to focus on finally getting through the game.
All that said, I’m a little bit concerned about ping. Pinging server(win console) from central EU reads out about 180ms on average, with spikes up to 250ms… So I’m wondering if game would be actually enjoyable/playable with connection like that.

2 Likes

Hi @r3n, I personally don’t have any experience playing with a ping that high in this game, so I can’t say for certain. However that range sounds reminiscent of what I’ve heard some Swedish players report and they seemed to fare ok. Keep in mind, since you’re not engaging in sniper rifle contests against other players, a high ping isn’t quite as brutal as it would be in a first-person shooter.

@Narelle @Gavinrad Do you guys have any experience playing from Europe with a ping like what @r3n is talking about?

If you like, there is no harm in connecting and giving it a try for a few hours just to see how it goes. Worst case is that it’s too laggy for you to enjoy and your search continues, best case, it’s a non-issue and you have a fun time. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Howdy! Actually yes, my average ping on the server or when we were on 1502 is around 150 and it can easily go up to 200-250 if someone else in my home is using internet. However, I never really felt the effects of that high ping when playing. I honestly never saw a difference between playing on the server with a high ping or playing on solo/co-op. I hope it’ll be the same for you @r3n!

2 Likes

First off thanks for replies!
I’ve spent few hours playing now and I’m impressed. If it wasn’t for occasional freeze/lag/whatever when my game literally stops, I wouldn’t know. But that may be caused by different things, so I’m not blaming ping at this point. Honestly it has been quite a while since I played the game, so things could have changed.
Anyway, we’ll be seeing each other every now and then on the server! :slight_smile:

Edit: I’ve realized any lags I have are due to lack of RAM, so… yeah…

3 Likes

By request adding NoxUI Changes / UI+ Rescale in the bottom-most position on the mod list.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1383365330

3 Likes

NoxUI

tenor (1)

4 Likes

lol last i logged on i thought i was SUPER TALL lol
this is funny Narelle.

Exactly what part of the interface are you having trouble seeing? :joy:

Screenshots, dammit! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

the interface is not bad for me , to me it seemed like i was taller but that is because i can see more of my body lol.
the writing is small but i can still see it

all that says is i collected 1000 rocks and i ate some stuff. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

LMAO! :rofl:

1 Like

Added a few tips & tricks for new players in my journal at the trading board in Sin Hole Tavern (H6 - The Sinkhole). As we are also running Fashionist mod, stop by and check the Fashion Store Merchants located on the 2nd floor.

Actual footage of Alexis failing and being hit by a giant gong (pendulum) right into The Sinkhole!!!

3 Likes

Damn, I thought nobody saw that. >.<

1 Like

We had to remove a few mods following today’s update including NoxUI, and Improved Bodies.

EDIT: Kallistra has updated Exiles Compass already! :slight_smile:

1 Like

NOTE: Please set your Emberlight “Tiny Friend” pets to either “Relax” or “Hungry” for now. You may also want to remove your Emberlight Animal Pens.

There’s an issue with the new thrall AI that will cause thralls to attack the Emberlight pets including Tiny Friends and the ones in the pens. While the pets cannot be damaged, their roaming will pull your defenders out of position and could result in injury or death of thralls if they get hung up on palisades, etc.

Also, for Thespians it looks like the “Sit (Chair)”, “Sit (Throne)”, “Crouch 1st”, and “Crouch 3rd” animations are broken for some players. For affected players, those thralls will appear to be standing in the default pose instead. What I did to fix this was:

1. Validate files on Steam
  2. Unsubscribe from any mods we’re not using (i.e. Improved Bodies & NoxUI at minimum)
  3. Delete the files/folders for any mods we’re not using from the following folder:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\440900

Lastly since the Server Browser is currently down, players will need to use the Direct Connect button to join. Here’s the IP and port again for ease of reference:
192.154.248.119:7905

2 Likes

Hello, just to let you know , i have been away due to a family emergency. if someone wants that spot , its alright with me i can rebuild somewhere else. i will see you guys soon ( hopefully ) miss ya
xox

2 Likes

Popped in to say hi! o/

2 Likes