Last ditch effort to retain audience

The only thing I don’t understand about these do or die posts (and there are plenty, and not just this game either), is that you are basically asking them to work on something they already are. Like, as if they aren’t already working and are just sitting around, playing cards or something. Urging them to get it done sooner won’t make a difference either, except result in a 500 patch result again.

There are 2 performance specific patches in the works that I know of, and one of them has been documented and talked about a few times now. They talked about what they expect the major performance update to do in the last Q and A, which I documented here. I’m sure trying to pressure Nikola (Nicola? I still don’t know the spelling of that developers name) into getting that performance patch out sooner because “insert game is coming” will surely help.

As for bugs, which do you refer to? The last patch fixed several of them (though introduced others I grant you, which at least two of have received official responses from Jens). Funcom has also been adamant about providing better quality patches, and largely this latest patch was exactly that.

Fallout 76, Red Dead, a gazillion other triple AAA games that have nothing to do with Conan Exiles and the Sandbox genre are coming up. All of them will siphon off players from Conan Exiles, much like that of various other games out there now too. No amount of patching or whatever will change that. Heck, even I’m excited for Red Dead (though I tend to wait a while before I play such games, cause I have a back log of games as it is). Red Dead sounds fun, I’ve always wanted to play an open world type western game and haven’t ever had the chance because I’ve always been a PC player (so no Red Dead 1 for me).

I just don’t think that threatening to leave your current game because of (insert reason) makes any difference, you’re going to do it anyways and have every reason to and people always do. That’s the reality, and it’s perfectly fair. It’s the long term retention, give players a reason to come back that I think ultimately makes a difference in this case. Once the holidays are over and people are bored with Red Dead or whatever shiny game entices them (for me it’s Middle-Earth - Shadow of War because I’ve been waiting until I built my new PC this winter to play it), that they look to Conan Exiles and go, okay so what’s new? What’s changed? Has that whatever bug that I can’t stand been fixed? You enjoy(ed) Conan Exiles at one point, if Funcom gives you a reason that you like to come back, you will.

4 Likes