Launcher crash on startup, every time

Hi folks, this game is one of my favs, and I’m now extremely sad because I bought a new PC, and it just refuses to work. The launcher crashes immediately on startup.
I suspect it something to do with running an AMD based rig - 3700x CPU and 5700XT GPU.
The reason for this is… the first two lines in the crash log are:
Access Violation (0xC0000005) in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\u0345944.inf_amd64_403c37b116746a6f\B345674\amdxn32.dll
Access violation reading from memory location 0x10FED000.
From internet searches, this dll appears to be GPU driver related. I’ve submitted the crash report a few times. Would appreciate any insights if anyone here has experience with this.

Nothing huh? :frowning:

did you try to update the GPU drivers ? Or roll back to some older ones ?
That’s the only thing that comes to my mind, but hey I am no tech :smiley:

Yes, with a missing or corrupted .dll file you’ll need to reinstall your driver.

First, be sure there is no pending update in Windows Update. Latest version from Windows 10 is 1903.

Then, uninstall all the AMD drivers from your computer. I advise using a tool such as [Display Driver Uninstaller] or [Revo Uninstaller]. Those tools will clean temp files and registry keys related to the driver.

Then download the latest version of your GPU driver. For [AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT], they released the 19.8.2 version on monday. GL !

Newer drivers installed fixed it, thanks! :smiley:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.